List of network when trying to add trusted one is not presented correctly

pascaloSEk
pascaloSEk Posts: 11 Enthusiast

List of network when trying to add trusted one is not presented correctly. I can only see "Wi-Fi" instead of connected Wi-Fi network. If I add this one to trusted and connect with another one, I cannot add the second one. It seems to be Wi-Fi interface instead of specific Wi-Fi network.

F-Secure TOTAL for Mac (current version 19.6 61923).
macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Is it a known issue?

Accepted Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 310 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @pascaloSEk

I received an explanation from our R&D department as to why the name of the WiFi network is not displayed.

I am posting it below.

From Ventura, additional entitlement is needed to fetch WiFi name and when using that macOS would show up a system dialog to the user asking permission for F-Secure app to access the location information. That dialog is popped up by macOS at times internal to their business logic and we were no way able to predict its appearance time and guide the user to approve it. Due to this challenge and other technical challenges with the existing architecture, we intentionally dropped that idea of showing WiFi name. 

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• PawełP
    Answer ✓

Hello @pascaloSEk

I have just received information from R&D that a solution to this problem is already being tested and should soon be implemented in the publicly available version of the program.

If there is any further news, I will let you know.

Have a good one.

Pawel

• PawełP
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I just received an additional information from the R@D department that the solution to this problem should be published to the version available to all users in September this year.

If I receive further information, I will let you know.

Best regards.

Pawel

Answers

• Larynx
    Larynx Posts: 30 Enthusiast

I have the same problem on my Mac. Can your app update the security definitions? You can check it the Settings.

• pascaloSEk

Yeah, but I have some trouble to get updates today. Now it works correctly.

• PawełP

Hello @pascaloSEk

Thank you for your post. Regarding the issue of displaying the network name, it has been forwarded to the R&D department.
    I will monitor the progress and when I receive concrete information about it I will immediately share it on the forum in this conversation.

Have a good one!

Pawel / F-Secure

• pascaloSEk

Thanks for your reply. It's not the problem that network name displaying is dropped but this feature makes no sense.

When I connect to my home network and add it to "trusted networks" and next I connect to another network, I cannot add it as another trusted network. "Wi-Fi" is already added, so there is no option to add another one.

So my question is… When I add "Wi-Fi" as trusted network and connect to another one (not trusted) will it be recognized as the trusted one or not trusted by F-Secure? I'm afraid to add any network as "trusted" because of that.

• pascaloSEk

Thank you! I appreciate you keeping me updated on the work around this feature.