FS Protection PC 19.5 releases

Options
Urmas
Urmas Posts: 67 F-Secure Employee

Release 19.5 beta 1 (5.6.652):

Bug fixes:

• Fixed problem where certain Vault entries were missing password & notes fields data. No data was lost, UI was just not able to show the fields. (PBL-12023)
  • Fixed problem with deletion of multiple passwords in Vault (PBL-12451)
  • Scheduled scanning has been changed to say "Monthly" instead of "Every 4 weeks" and it now runs on first instance of the day in the month. This also fixes a bug where scheduled scan could run too often. (PBL-12596)

Improvements:

• Minor Main UI improvements

Other:

• Windows 8.1 is no longer supported, version 19.5 cannot be installed on this OS.
  • WebView2 (web content renderer) has been updated to latest version.

Answers

• Juuuso
    Juuuso Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

Vault UI scaling seems to be a bit off in this update. The box for editing entries is as long as the list of passwords and the "edit" button is at the bottom of the list.

Also you have to position your mouse carefully to the right spot on the vault window (mouse can't be on top of entries list or editing window) if you want to scroll the list with mouse wheel

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Adventurer
    edited April 30
    Options

I'm fiding the same thing as with @Juuuso the edit box is at the bottom of the vault page. You need to scroll down to the bottom of your vault list, in order to see the Edit button. It's not in a compressed window view as in 19.4

I'm not sure about the mouse thing, unless I'm not understanding it, but as long as I put my mouse cursor (desktop monitor) to the right of the entry box, tap the right side of the screen, the scroll bar pops out. And as long as I'm to the right side of the Password/Username box, the scroll wheel will move the window down to the edit button as well.

edit: For what it's worth, there is now a F-Secure icon in task manager for the plug in hosting service that is not on my 19.4 version.

• Romain_S
    Romain_S Posts: 4 F-Secure Product Expert
    edited May 1
    Options

Recent event link for 19.5b1 is still referring to 19.4b thread

Main Hero Card coexists in 2 flavours

811 KB Applications verified is very likely a typo and stands for 811?

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,641 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my feedback.

Also you have to position your mouse carefully to the right spot on the vault window (mouse can't be on top of entries list or editing window) if you want to scroll the list with mouse wheel

Yes, that thing is also quite noticeable for me. Basically, quite many places in Password Vault is unscrollable now. Especially, Password Analysis is a pretty thing to check it.

811 KB Applications verified is very likely a typo and stands for 811?

For me it is

7,5 MB apps verified
    and 1,4 KB apps blocked

So, perhaps, mistype for its format. And then "," vs "." and MB vs M and KB vs K (or k)? Unlikely 7,5 MB in my case stands for 7,5 applications. However, a bit of high number.

For example, Files verified counter is 1.85M for me.

Also puzzled by statistics in Browsing Protection. There are both of them. With expand/hide header and old school one. Where old school one is partially truncated (but with much more counters).

Thanks!

• FS-Jouni
    FS-Jouni Posts: 29 F-Secure Product Expert
    Options

Release 19.5 beta 2 (5.6.849):

Bug fixes:

• Enabling real-time scanning from Windows Security Center Dashboard does not work (PBL-12626)
    • Main UI statistics numbers are confusing (PBL-12621)

Improvements:

• Trusted shoping settings, ad blocker settings and showing reputation in browser have been changed to be user specific. Every Windows user can have their own settings and changing settings does not require elevation. Note that existing settings will reset to default. (PBL-12376)
    • The changing status card in main view has been removed for now, we are investigating how to make it better.

• Ivan_Osipov
    Ivan_Osipov Posts: 80 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Statistics values text at the Secure browsing view is barely visible. Probably it would be nice to consider changing the color palette.

• FS-Alex
    FS-Alex Posts: 1 F-Secure Employee
    Options

Release 19.5 beta 3 (5.6.988):

Bug fixes:

• Mousewheel scolling does not work in many places in vault view (PBL-12629)
    • Disabling DeepGuard does not change ransomware protection status in protection overview (PBL-12719)
    • CPU usage spikes every ~15s or so (PBL-12745)

• FS_To1
    FS_To1 Posts: 1 F-Secure Employee
    Options

Release 19.5 beta 4 (5.6.1205):

Bug fixes:

• Device protection view layout fixes (PBL-12738)
    • Secure Browsing statistics are very hard to read (PBL-12792)
    • Extra margin in sub-views (PBL-12822)

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,641 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

If I try to suggest a rating (or change category) using the BP extension menu, how long could I wait for results?

For example, from (?) category (unknown content, unrated, uncategorized) to safe-status or just to with 'no chosen category' at all. Or, from a 'Gambling'-category to drop this one (what I did by not choosing anything in 'categories' list as a suggestion for change it).

For some websites I try with relative frequency and the situation does not change. Are my attempts marked as not very reliable? Or is it considered that everything is alright with the rating/categorization (after reviewing suggestions)? Or does it simply mean waiting longer due to the low priority of such a channel?

I can't assume that the functionality doesn't work at all, since "changes" happen sometimes.

or, maybe, those cases were about 'popular' places (one of them was a big bank with no banking category in it).

the last time I tried to use F-Secure SAS (about one of the IPs) - I received a response in about a month. Some websites that I tried to report using the BP extension remained unchanged for longer than this period. Unless each my 'try' to report it then move further to the end of the queue.

Thanks!

• AMA15
    AMA15 Posts: 3 New Member
    Options

The latest beta release 19.5 (5.6.652) from F-Secure brings several important bug fixes and improvements. Notably, issues with missing data in certain Vault entries and problems with deleting multiple passwords have been addressed. Scheduled scanning now runs monthly instead of every 4 weeks, ensuring more accurate and reliable performance. Additionally, there are minor improvements to the main user interface and updates to the WebView2 web content renderer. However, it's worth noting that Windows 8.1 is no longer supported with this version, requiring users to upgrade to a supported OS for continued use.

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 563 Rock Star
    edited June 15
    Options

"a bit off topic,sorry"

15.6.2024: The latest F-Secure Total is version 19.4. According to preliminary information, we are waiting for version 19.5 to be officially published these days, which contains fixes for several detected shortcomings. Is there still a need to change the default settings of Chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Edge...) on all platforms F-Secure Making VPN connections smooth with all vpn protocols (open vpn-udp-tcp-ikev2) remains to be seen. A compilation release bulletin etc. of all changes for all platforms would also be useful for many cyber followers of the forum..

Options

@Ukko

I checked on the status of the submissions from browser extension. It looks like we have a problem with the system and while the submissions are getting to our server they are not getting processed properly. Due to this, we will temporarily remove the possibility of submitting reports from extension until we can fix the problem on server side. Until that, please use the submit a sample website.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Options

Thank you all for the feedback. 19.5 was released to production. See the release notes here: https://community.f-secure.com/total-en/kb/articles/29614-whats-new-in-the-f-secure-app

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 570 Superuser
    Options

VPN sucks: I definitely need a France located server as I can't understand a 💩 in suomi or dutch ! pls help

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Adventurer
    edited June 23
    Options

I do like the finalized 19.5 UI look and especially the Device Protection/Protection overview and the left side links. Very pleasing layout and nice to navigate :)

IMO, well done, team F-Secure :)