F-Secure ID Protection after subscription ends

Options
F_user01010
F_user01010 Posts: 1 New Member

Hi,

as an F-Secure Total subscriber, I was wondering what happens to my access to ID Protection, and more importantly access to my password vault, once the Total subscription ends and is not renewed. Will I still be able to access the vault as before? Which functionalities will I lose? And is there anything I should do prior to expiration (for example use the password export function)?

With F-Secure Key, it was just the sync function that stopped working, but curious how this affects ID Protection.

Thanks!

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,628 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

With F-Secure Key, it was just the sync function that stopped working, but curious how this affects ID Protection.

With F-Secure ID Protection it was the same (or close to) as with F-Secure KEY. At least, as I think and as it was with my experience at some point.

But it will be interesting to know about current / fresh F-Secure App (based on F-Secure TOTAL implementation) design. Maybe it is not the same.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,710 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @F_user01010

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

That's an excellent question, and we appreciate your concern. As we approach the end of life for the app, it's natural to wonder about its future. While the app's features will remain unchanged, it's important to note that without further updates and support from us, certain issues may arise. These could include difficulties with syncing the password vault, using the connect devices feature, autofill functionality, and receiving breach alerts. Continuing to use an unsupported app to store personal information may not be the best practice.

To ensure a smooth transition, we recommend migrating your password vault to the new app before the end-of-life date. If you're already using the new app, please ensure your passwords are synced and transferred accordingly. Once you've confirmed everything is in place, you can uninstall F-Secure ID Protection and rest assured that your device is F-Secured!

We hope this explanation clarifies what to expect after May 22nd, 2024. If you have any further questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your understanding, and we wish you a pleasant day ahead.

Options

Right now you are able to use the password vault without the sync functionality. However, this will change in future so that you can only export your passwords from vault without subscription.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products