Banking Protection not working for Barclays.co.uk

Options
SteveUK
SteveUK Posts: 8 Explorer

Since the weekend banking protection has not been working for the Barclays.co.uk website. I used the 'submit a sample' to report the problem, and I am now finding that Banking Protection does enable when navigating to www.barclays.co.uk, but clicking the login for online banking takes you to bank.barclays.co.uk and F-Secure displays a 'Banking Protection is active' block screen stating 'To protect your transactions, F-Secure has blocked this website during the banking session'. I am running F-Secure App Version 19.4 (5.5.1190.0) and have the same problem on both my Windows 10 and my Windows 11 64-bit machines, with and without VPN active.

Answers

• Steve_H01
    Steve_H01 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

What is happening with F Secure. I have the same problem. In addition adding trusted sites does not work and there is no support available.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    edited April 26
    Options

Hello @SteveUK @Steve_H01

Thank you for your post and comment.

We have successfully reproduced the issue on our end, and we are currently consulting with our Malware team regarding this matter. To expedite the resolution process, I kindly suggest submitting the sample URL for the login page to our Malware team as well. You can do so by following this link.

1. Go to Submit a Sample.
    2. Select the URL Sample tab.
    3. Click Yes on Do you want to give more details about this sample URL?
    4. Click Continue.
    5. Under Problem, select Banking Protection related issue.
    6. Fill your details.
    7. Give your sample a subject and description, and click Submit URL sample.

Thank you for your cooperation, and please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @SteveUK @Steve_H01

Thank you for your patience.

We are pleased to announce that the issue has been successfully resolved. Upon pressing "login," the page should no longer be blocked, and the banking protection feature should remain active. Prior to testing, we kindly request that you reset the reputation cache. To accomplish this, please follow these steps: click on the three horizontal lines located at the top left-hand side of the F-Secure application > navigate to Settings > Support > Reset reputation cache.

We eagerly await your feedback on your experience following these adjustments. Your insights are invaluable to us.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation, and we wish you a pleasant day ahead.

• SteveUK
    SteveUK Posts: 8 Explorer
    Options

Hi Firmy. Thank you for your efforts to investigate and resolve this issue. I can confirm that banking protection now initiates when going to the main Barclays site and stays active on the login page. I have not tested logging into online banking yet, but your fix seems to have worked. I did not need to reset the reputation cache for this to work. Would you advise that I reset the reputation cache anyway even though it is now working, and also are you able to provide any information on what happened - most importantly is there any concern with the barclays site or the protection provided by banking protection when previously accessing barclays? Thanks again for your support!