Can I disable all non-VPN functions in the new F‑Secure app?

Options

I am using other programs for virus protection, password management, etc. I do not want to replace these with the new F‑Secure app until I know they are a t least as good as my current programs.

So, is there a dashboard or something similar in the new F‑Secure app that will allow me to disable all but the functions currently included in F‑Secure FREEDOME (version for Windows 10)?

Answers

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 89 Moderator
    Options

Hello @K4711 ,

thank you for contacting us here on F-Secure Community Portal.

I regret to inform you that it is currently not possible to deactivate all the other features within the new F-Secure App. Even if you have a Freedome VPN license only, please note that the F-Secure App is designed as an Anti-Virus application. This may lead to compatibility issues with other Anti-Virus programs installed on your PC.

We understand the inconvenience this may cause and sincerely apologize for any disruption to your experience. Our team is actively exploring potential solutions to address this issue and improve the functionality of the app.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to enhance our services.

Best regards.

• K4711
    K4711 Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

Thank you. Which other new functions come with the new app iif I have a VPN license (e.g. the ransomware protection)? Are they all obligatory to use and non-turnoffable?

If I don't need any of the new functions, can I continue to use the current Freedome to reach your VPN servers, though without any updates, or will it be completely disabled in May? I don't use the tracking protection and browsing protection features anyway.

If that isn't an option and I would have to use your AV (and possiby other functions already fulilled by other, trusted programs on my PC) in order to cotinue using your VPN in future, which I don't want, will you refund me for the rest of my current license?

• Calango_IT
    Calango_IT Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

Hi,

I have the simular compatibility issues (F-Secure new app x WithSecure Elements) and as I wrote in another tread..

I don't understand why F-Secure decided to transform their products and cause so much trouble for customers….