I think that the app design is crap to say the least - I now want my subscription refunded

Options
User_5628
User_5628 Posts: 12 Enthusiast
edited April 23 in F-Secure Total

The design of your app defies logic.

I have just installed f-secure and been taken to a pop up winf=dow to set up security, vpn etc.

There is no option other than to logout for closing this window.If I logout there is a message displays that it will stop all security apps until I login again!

It means that my computer has to stay loggedin but I am unable to use it as I can't close the set up widow without loginout! How stupid is that?

I would like a refund as I feel that I have experienced too much messing about in setting this app up. How do I claim a refund?

Answers

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 93 Moderator
    Options

Hello @User_5628 ,

thank you for reaching out regarding the messages you've encountered in our program.

We understand that these messages may seem repetitive or intrusive, but they are actually essential for guiding you through the initial steps of using the program effectively.

It's important to note that the full protection of our program is only activated when you are logged in. Therefore, we highly encourage you to log in to the program to ensure that you are receiving the complete benefits of our security features.

Regarding the pop-up messages, you can easily close them by following these steps:

1. Click on "Show all Tasks" to expand the task list (You will find it on the right-hand side directly below the notification)
    2. Mark the option "Do not ask again" for the particular message you wish to stop receiving.
    3. Click on "Ignore" the message and continue using the program.

By following these steps, you can manage the pop-up messages and focus on using the program without interruptions.

Also upon reviewing your account, I noticed that you purchased the subscription through a reseller, rather than directly from our official website. As a result, I am unable to arrange a refund directly for you, as the transaction was not made through our platform.

To request a refund, we kindly ask you to contact the reseller from whom you purchased the subscription. Please be aware that their refund policy may differ from ours, so it's essential to review their terms and conditions regarding refunds.

We apologize for any inconvenience and if you have any further questions, please reach out to me and I will help in any way I can.

Best regards!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,628 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

I think the very first login is maybe required to 'connect' the installed application to your F-Secure account (subscription). This step (login form) will result in the mentioned ""a message displays that it will stop all security apps until I login again!"" when attempting to close a window (logout?). And so breaking installation's last step.

I don't think any other prompts should be with the same 'critical' result as logout or stopping all security features at all.

Then, there are some optional 'logins' for some extra (optional; not the basic ones) features are required; but with no any 'one-way' loops.

Maybe your original experience is about some misgoing upgrade and something went wrong. IF so, it is always better to try clear reinstallation. For example, uninstalling remained F-Secure elements by default system way; then to use as a clear-up dedicated F-Secure Uninstallation tool ( https://www.f-secure.com/en/support/tools ); then to install F-Secure App back by suggested ways in purchase letter or any originally received guides.

// perhaps, in any other cases - official instructions and suggestions in the reply above are great.

Thanks!