Installed F-Secure VPN on iPhone, Network Apps Cannot Connect

Options
Danno
Danno Posts: 49 Contributor
edited April 23 in F-Secure VPN

I just installed F-Secure VPN moving from Freedome. I marked my home networks Trusted but iPeng and QManager cannot connect to QNAP server unless I turn off VPN. Internet from iPhone works fine. Is this a known bug?

Answers

• Danno
    Options

Secure iMessage doesn’t work when VPN is on (Blue bubble).

• Danno
    Options

MacBook Pro cannot connect network resources though I marked WiFi network as trusted. Not a good start to the new app.

• Danno
    Options

The VPN App on MacBook cannot check cloud for update, stuck on UPDATING with date of "1969".

• Danno
    Options

After reviewing the other forums and seeing the mounting problems I have decided to move on after at least a decade of use. Turned off auto renew.

• Sisu1999
    Sisu1999 Posts: 1 Observer
    Options

I'm also having problems with the iPhone version of F-Secure VPN not successfully connecting. When I originally installed and activated the product, and deleted my copy of Freedome VPN, the F-Secure VPN initially connected. However, later today after rebooting the iPhone several times, the F-Secure VPN has not completed the connection via my WiFi. The F-Secure VPN continues to connect without a problem on my iMac and on my MacBook. I may switch to Norton VPN.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,710 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @Danno @Sisu1999

Thank you for your post and comment.

@Danno

To better assist you, could you kindly provide more details about the issue you're experiencing?

Firstly, may I inquire about the iOS version you are currently using?

Additionally, could you share the settings of your Privacy VPN with us? Specifically, we are interested in knowing whether you have added your network as a trusted network. Following this, could you confirm whether the VPN is currently turned on or off after you've added your network as trusted?

Furthermore, it might be beneficial to enable the "Automatic WiFi protection" feature to see if it resolves the issue.

We have another suggestion that may help resolve the issue: changing the VPN protocol. We would appreciate hearing your feedback.

@Sisu1999

May I kindly inquire about which iOS version you are currently using? Additionally, could you please share with us the location to which you are connected?

Furthermore, we would appreciate it if you could provide details regarding the protocol you are utilizing on your iOS device. Have you added your network as a trusted network?

However, later today after rebooting the iPhone several times, the F-Secure VPN has not completed the connection via my WiFi. 

Regarding your mention of the VPN not completing the connection, could you elaborate on this issue? For example, is the VPN continuously attempting to connect without success? If so, we recommend turning the VPN off, ensuring that your iPhone is connected to your home WiFi, and then turning the VPN on again.

Additionally, have you tried changing your location or the protocol to see if it resolves the issue?

We eagerly await your response. Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope you have a pleasant day.

• Danno
    Options

I have moved on. Hope you guys can turn the ship around.

Product & Pricing Info