How do I get F-secure total to sync with my notepad - unable to use it due to this issue

Options
User_5628
User_5628 Posts: 12 Enthusiast
edited April 23 in F-Secure Total

Earlier today, I reset my notepad as it wasn't connecting with the internet and windows troubleshooter couldn't find a problem. Unfortunately, having done all this, created a big bald patch at the back of my head and boiled my coffee machine dry, I am still at a loss as to how to get f-secure working again.

The problem is that when I installed the F-secure apps they must have been installed on onecloud with a link from my notepad. The problem is that I am unable to use f-secure as the links are broken (due to them not being synched with my notepad, I presume!)

How can I get f-secure to work again?

Hopefully, I've managed to attach a screen print to show the problem.

Nyt saunaan ja uimaan joeissa!

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 203 Moderator
    Options

Hello @User_5628

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.

In the situation you describe, we ask that you proceed as follows.

1. First run the uninstall tool from our website on your device. You can find it here: Support tools | F‑Secure (f-secure.com)
    2. Select Uninstallation tool for Windows and run the tool.
    3. After the uninstallation process is complete, restart your device.
    4. Now install F-Secure according to the instructions you will find at this link: Installing the product on your computer | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Let us know if you successfully installed the program.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• User_5628
    Options

I have followed steps 1 -3.

I've tried step 4 but am unable to reinstall as f-secure hasn't unistalled.

It appears that the app is in my onecloud! I am asked to remove links to it from my desktop. I do this but that hasn't allowed me to reinstall f-secure

What else can I try?

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,710 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @User_5628

Thank you for your cooperation.

To assist you further, could you please provide more details about your device?

• Operating System: Which operating system is your notepad running? (e.g., Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, etc.)
    • Cloud Syncing: Have you set up any cloud syncing features that might be affecting the installation? This could help apps and data sync across your devices.
    • Installation Location: Where are you seeing the F-Secure app installed? Is it within a specific folder or location related to "OneCloud"?

Understanding these details will help us get a clearer picture of the situation and provide you with the best possible assistance.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response.

Thank you and have a great day.

• User_5628
    Options

I've posted a seperate post on this. Hopefully. I've managed to copy and past it below.

I use windows 10.

Post on this issue

I very recently purchased this app becuase I wanted a VPN app that also has a tracker blocker.
    I found out a few days ago that Freedome is being discontinued. It is that that has the tracking blocker.I've wasted my money on a useless product. It will soon know longer do what I want it to do.

I am now having problems with f-secure VPN. I am having to remember to switch it on whenever I switch my computer on. Not only that, I have problems with every website that I want to visit;

Process
    I get a click to connect, after a while I get an unable to connect message.
    I then run internet disgnostics which informs me that there is no connection problem.
    I then click reload. It sort of works.
    If I want to go onto anther page on the same website I have to go through the above again.

i.e. For f-secure, I clicked on a link from google, had to go through the above steps to get to your landing page.
    I then clicked on my f secure and then had to go through the above steps plus one more to get to the login page. The extra step was thhat the login was in a very basic form. I had to refresh the page in orderto get it to look like how it should (I was checking that it wasn't a spam link).

Having loggedin, I then had to go through the above process once again in order to reach the forum page. I then had to repeat the proces in orderto get to this page. The whole process took me 10 minutes to complete and about 1kg of lost hair!

I also have a problem with onecloud. I have to switch it off whenever I login to my computer. This could be a microsoft issue.

I am able to access sites without any problem with f-secure switched off. Not a safe place to be!

F-secure also seems to slow down my connection. It is slow when f-secure isn't on, an average of 4mbps. When f-secure is on I am lucky to get more than 0.5mbps.

I used F-secure for many years whilst living in Finland. Short version, I wasn't happy with the UK products that I purchased and decided to spend the extra for f-secure as I had no problems with it and it did what I wanted. This turned out to be a grave mistake. To use a Finnish Proverb I feel that f-secure is as good as a fart in the dessert!

I'm now not using f-secure because it doesn't work.It means that I am going to have to buy yet another VPN app.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,710 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @User_5628

Thank you for your comment.

We regret to hear about your experience with the new F-Secure app. Could we please continue discussing the VPN issue on your other thread? This way, we can focus on the original topic of this conversation here.

From your comment, it seems like you've successfully installed the new app, is that correct?

For the VPN concern, let's address it in your other thread.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope you have a great day.

• User_5628
    Options

Thank you for your reply.

As a customer, i always have a choice. My choice now is to uninstall this app and to buy another VPN app.

I want answers, not being messed about. I will also leave very negativew feedback but then, knowing f-secure they will delete it.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,628 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for interrupting the discussion.

As far as I can understand the situation. If 'notepad' is a different device (other than another device that already has an F-Secure solution installed) and on which an F-Secure solution was previously installed. Then, probably, for F-Secure to be returned to this system again, almost the only way is to perform clean installation. That is, download the F-Secure installer and follow the procedures. It should be possible to obtain from My F-Secure account portal OR by using instruction in any received guides (by email or something) if it is matter of upgrading/updating or recent purchase.

Another thing is inability to sync ".lnk" elements from Desktop (path). I think it is indeed impossible due to some restriction and form of shortcuts used by a certain applications and system design. Once (at least), a related topic was discussed there:

And, as such, my suggestion can be to exclude these items (.lnk) from syncing in OneCloud preferences.

Thanks!