Authorization on Edge

Options
Beejane
Beejane Posts: 3 Observer
edited April 19 in F-Secure Total

I keep getting the message "invalid code" when I try to authorize on Edge. I've updated Edge, removed and re-installed the password vault extension and uninstalled and re-installed F-secure.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Could you try to check that the Password Vault Extension is a valid one for the solution in use?

For example, as it suggested in KB articles and How-To Guides - open Password Vault in F-Secure Total UI, navigate to Autofill settings, use the "install Edge extension" button and verify that it is installed and not anything else instead of it.

Thanks!

• Beejane
    edited April 21
    Options

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yes it looks like the right code installed but it says "invalid" when I click "authorize". I also have Chrome on my computer and I had no trouble authorizing there but would also like to use password manager on Edge. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app and still won't authorize on Edge. I've made sure that Edge is up to date, as well.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Unless it is known trouble for F-Secure team, it is a bit of strange situation actually.

At least, removing Password Vault browser extension; uninstalling and reinstalling F-Secure solution are steps which should to fix most of the cases.

I feel that maybe your Password Vault browser extension with a broken state and 'erroneously' shows you "Authorisation" request. And 'any' codes will be not acceptable.

But I don't know why and if / how you got it.

With my experience - 'extension' sometimes give me that broken state. But, usually, after upgrade/update to F-Secure solution (extension) and with multiple instances of Edge opened (like "InPrivate" mode and normal one). It is impossible to reach workable extension unless I will close all instances. It is, basically, applied to any supported browser (in my experience) in one way or another.

I do not think in your case mentioned thing is related. But, anyway, could you provide a bit more information about your setting:

• what is your operating system. Which version of Windows?
    • and what is your F-Secure solution? Is it F-Secure TOTAL? Could you check which version by clicking its tray logo by right mousebutton and choosing "About" in the opened menu?
    • what Password Vault says in UI - does it say like "extension" is configured and 'Green Mark" there?
    • also, is your Edge is a basic version? Not something like dev-build, beta-built or something like this?

Thanks!

• Beejane
    edited April 23
    Options

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yes it looks like the right code installed but it says "invalid" when I click "authorize". I also have Chrome on my computer and I had no trouble authorizing there but would also like to use password manager on Edge. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app and still won't authorize on Edge. I've made sure that Edge is up to date, as well.

Thank-you for your thoughts on this. I'm using Windows 11 and F-secure Total on my desktop. I've since setup F-secure Total Password Vault on my Laptop and had no trouble authorizing there on Edge, Firefox and Chrome, so I gets its a conflict of some sort on my desktop. I'll continue to setup my Password Vault with my passwords and use only Chrome on my desktop. Maybe in time with a few more updates it will decide to work on my desktop. I appreciate you thoughts.