new F-Secure app and Safe Online from ZIGGO

Options

Ordered Safe Online L on May 18, 2023. (ZIGGO )

Safe Online became active on February 28, 2024.

Until today April 18 2024, it worked properly.

On July 18, 2022, I took out a subscription to ID PROTECT (password vault) from F-Secure.

Today, April 18, 2024, we received an email from F-Secure stating that the ID PROTECT app must be replaced by the new F-Secure app, as the ID PROTECT app will no longer receive updates as of May 22.

I have started installing the new F-Secure app on my desktop PC.

During the installation it was indicated that software had to be removed (so it turns out to be Safe Online).

The new F-Secure app successfully installed.

Now tried to reinstall Safe Online ( from ZIGGO )

After installation you were asked to restarting

the computer. After restarting the computer, the message came that something went wrong. ( Appendix )

Restarted the computer.

Now there was no more communication.

Safe Online is not installed.

For the time being, I will not be equipping the phones and iPad with the new F-Secure app.

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 91 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Martien_11 ,

thank you for contacting us here on F-Secure Community Portal.

I regret to inform you that the compatibility issue we have noticed regarding the F-Secure App and your existing Safe Online software is due to the fact that our F-Secure App is labeled as an Anti Virus App. The Safe Online app is unfortunately not compatible with our F-Secure app, leading to potential conflicts and compromised security measures.

Unfortunately, there is no viable solution to use two antivirus programs on your device at the same time. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and sincerely apologize for the disruption to your experience. Our primary goal is to ensure the utmost security and performance of your device, and unfortunately this situation is a limitation in achieving that goal. This means that you'll need to choose between keeping either the F-Secure App or your existing antivirus software.

If you need assistance or have any further questions on this topic, please do not hesitate to contact me. We are here to help you and ensure a smooth transition.
    Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. We appreciate your attention to this important issue and are here to assist you in any way we can.

Best regards.

Answers

• betty4920taylor
    betty4920taylor Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Hello Catlikesbest@Martien_11,

I understand you’re facing issues with the installation of ZIGGO Safe Online after transitioning to the new F-Secure app.
    Ensure that any previous versions of F-Secure or other security software are fully uninstalled from your system. This can prevent conflicts during the installation of Safe Online.
    If you’re having trouble removing the old software, F-Secure provides an Uninstallation Tool that can help remove remnants of previous installations that might be causing issues.
    Verify that your desktop PC meets the system requirements for ZIGGO Safe Online. It should be compatible with Windows 11, among other specifications.
    Sometimes, the firewall settings can interfere with the installation process. Try temporarily disabling your firewall and then attempt to reinstall Safe Online.
    If you’re downloading the installer from the internet, try using a different browser. Some users have reported success when switching to Microsoft Edge.
    Network issues can sometimes affect the installation process. Restarting your router can help refresh your network connection.

Remember to re-enable your firewall once you’ve completed the installation process to ensure your system is protected.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

• Martien_11
    Martien_11 Posts: 11 Explorer
    Options

Hello CarolinaC and Betty4920tayler

When I read the above messages I wonder the following.
    From the first message I understand that the new F-Secure app is not compatible with the Safe Online app and from the second message I understand that it is compatible. Which of the two messages is correct?

Best Regards

• CarolinaC
    Options

Hello @Martien_11 ,

The information about the incompatibility of the Safe Online app with the F-Secure app has been confirmed by our technicians. Therefore, the above tips will lead to the same result. These are the new changes that are being made, and this change refers to changing the separate F-Secure ID Protection application to the F-Secure application.

Best regards.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,628 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my interruption.

As I understood situation:

@Martien_11 used a branded solution from his local ISP (for example). This most likely only includes AV and Browsing protection. And he also used F-Secure ID Protection (what was previously available separately from F-Secure AV, F-Secure IS, F-Secure SAFE and even in F-Secure TOTAL just as an option). Now F-Secure ID Protection is replaced by built-in modules "Password Vault" and "ID Monitoring" in F-Secure App also known as F-Secure TOTAL app.

The trouble: he cannot to install F-Secure TOTAL App as a replacement for his F-Secure ID Protection instance. He cannot do that because branded F-Secure solution is in use (Ziggo's Safe Online).

And F-Secure TOTAL (or any other things like F-Secure AV or F-Secure IS, F-Secure SAFE/Total) will detect any other 'conflicting' software. Which is Ziggo's Safe Online too.

However, his original solution (before upgrade) was F-Secure ID Protection, which is not 'conflicting' one (as I think) to things like F-Secure AV/IS/SAFE/Total or its branded versions.

I did not understand what is recommended in that situation? To use either modern F-Secure TOTAL App (with all features like AV, Browsing Protection, Password Vault, ID Monitoring, Privacy VPN) or to keep Ziggo's Safe Online (without an equivalent feature to ID Protection)?

Is Ziggo's Safe Online free solution to its users? So, it is easy to drop it (since is not paid)?

If upgraded F-Secure TOTAL App does not include AV and Browsing Protection (but kept only Password Vault and ID Monitoring modules) - then why to drop another AV solution (I mean, yes, it is marked as incompatible - but should it be so in that situation)?

Thanks!

• Martien_11
    Options

Ukko,

The situation is as follows:
    I use the F-Secure password vault. ID PROTECTION
    I use the Ziggo antivirus program. Safe Online.
    Using Safe Online for 5 devices is not free.
    I use these apps on one PC, two Android phones and 1 I-Pad.
    I installed F-Secure TOTAL on the PC with only the password vault and now I have no AV on it.

By integrating ID-PROTECT into the F-Secure TOTAL app, I can no longer use Safe Online because of the label that the F-Secure app has received. (no 2 AV on one computer.)

In general, you can say that everyone who uses ID-PROTECT is obliged to choose to use either the F-Secure TOTAL app or not to use an F-secure product at all.

So in my case if I want to continue using the F-Secure password vault (and I do) I am required to use the F-Secure TOTAL app.

Martien

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,628 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification.

However,

So in my case if I want to continue using the F-Secure password vault (and I do) I am required to use the F-Secure TOTAL app.

currently it means: F-Secure TOTAL app with no AV or Browsing Protection modules in it. Only Password Vault. Right?

If so, sounds as a bit of wrong 'situation' (as for users of F-Secure ID Protection and branded F-Secure solution received by some way). I can clearly understand that using F-Secure TOTAL app with all bundle (Antivirus and Browsing Protection) is really conflicting with branded solutions like Ziggo's Safe Online - but in your case it is with an unexpected drop of some features.

I am not really sure that this scenario is 'planned'. Good if there will be a solution after all.

Probably, upgrading to full F-Secure TOTAL with security (AV, BP and other stuff which is available in Ziggo's Safe Online) included. OR maybe give the way to 'bypass' compatibility check with Ziggo's Safe Online and installing TOTAL app with only Password Vault (if it is not really conflicting with Safe Online other than 'general' possibility).

Thanks!

• Martien_11
    Options

CarolinaC

I would like to take advantage of the offer to make a transition as smooth as possible.

I would like to order the following:
    For one year and for 5 devices.
    F-Secure TOTAL with Internet Security 79.99
    and ID Protect 13.00
    Total 92.99 euros per year.

Would you also like to cancel the existing product? ID PROTECTION.

Kind regards
    Martien van Rooten

• CarolinaC
    Options

Hi @Martien_11 ,

at your request, I have cancelled your existing ID Protection subscription.

Due to the fact that you need to enter your payment information, please click on this link https://onlineshop.f-secure.com/cmcx/789/product-selection/steps/default?id=OscNmg1hos

I have already selected the subscription you have chosen (Internet Security & Id Protection, 5 devices, 92,99 EUR). On this website please click on PayPal (if you pay with PayPal) or proceed to checkout.
    On the next page, please enter all required information (name, email) and select the payment method card/debit card or PayPal.

After paying for the subscription, you will receive a reference number and confirmation from Cleverbridge.

Creation of the account

Open the email and click on the blue button Create an account for My F-Secure. You will be redirected to a website to create an account, where you will need to choose a password. Once you have filled in all the fields, click on Create account. After creating the account, you can reinstall the program on your computer.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask me.

Best regards. :)

• Martien_11
    Options

CarolinaC,

Just placed the order and paid.

I now have F-Secure TOTAL installed on my PC and 2 phones.
    I still have to do the I-Pad.

Thanks for the effort

Kind regards
    Martien van Rooten

Pricing & Product Info