F-Secure password manager with Vivaldi

Options
Spartan031
Spartan031 Posts: 2 New Member

Hello community

I am currently using the Vivaldi browser (Version 6.6.3271.55) and I cannot activate the F-Secure password manager. In fact, when I enter the activation code in the password manager, it tells me that the authorisation code is incorrect. Any ideas or tips ? It works fine with Firefox though. Oh, and I forgot, I have version 19.3 of F-Secure Total.

Thank you very much

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 91 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Spartan031 ,

As mentioned in the previous comment, the Vivaldi browser is currently not officially supported by our software/extension. Although our services are optimized for Firefox, Edge and Chrome browsers, compatibility with Vivaldi is not guaranteed.
    As a result, there may be cases where Chrome-based extensions may not work as expected in the Vivaldi browser. If you encounter any problems with non-working extensions, please note that this may be due to a lack of official browser support and not a problem on our side.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards!

Answers

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 91 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Spartan031 ,

thank you for contacting us here one Community Portal.

I would like to inform you that the Vivaldi browser is not supported. Therefore, it is not possible to install the extension in it and there is no guarantee that it will work.

However, could you please explain to me where exactly you are trying to enter the activation code? You mentioned F-Secure Password Manager, do you mean the extension or the program itself?

I am looking forward to your reply to understand the issue better.

Best regards.

• Spartan031
    Spartan031 Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Yes, I was talking about the browser extension. Using Vivaldi, you can get the extension from the Chrome web store. And from the extension it asks us for a code that can be found in the F-Secure client / My data / Automatic entry.

• G_Derek
    G_Derek Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Same problem, "authorisation code is incorrect".