Password Vault greyed out on MacBook Pro M3, Sonoma 14.4.1

Options

Hello! I'm a long time F-secure user, but on my first Mac now. I have installed and uninstalled Total several times now, but just can't get the Password Vault to work. On initial installation when configuring Vault's Master Password it said "This password is too easy to guess…" no matter how complex password I entered. Did uninstall and reinstall and now I can't proceed to Vault's installation phase at all. On Total's main screen the "Password Vault" is all greyed out and nothing happens no matter how much I click. What should I do? I'd appreciate any help.

Total says that "Your passwords and data are secure" but I haven't even configured it yet!

Two screenshots are attached.

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Teräslapanen & @veikkoahonen

We have found the cause of the problem, which was making the activation of the Password Vault not work properly on some Mac devices. The problem has been resolved.
    To activate the Password Vault correctly now, you need to uninstall F-Secure Total and reinstall it using the latest installation file from your My F-Secure account.
    I would also like to remind you that before any reinstallation, it is a good idea to make sure your passwords are synchronized with another device or a backup of your passwords has been made.
    I would appreciate it if you could let me know if the program works properly after reinstallation.
    At the same time, thank you for providing diagnostic data and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Have a good one!

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Teräslapanen

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.
    To find a solution to this problem we would need diagnostic data from our program on your device. This will allow us to determine the cause.
    I will send you instructions on how to download the diagnostic data in a private message on the forum. Please send them in reply to my message.

Have a good one!

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• veikkoahonen
    veikkoahonen Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Same problem here! I'm using an older MacBook Pro (2019). The password manager button is greyed out and when I try to use ID monitoring, it says that I don't have a valid Total subscription, though I bought it a few days ago. I had the same problem a few months ago; however, I was then able to resolve it by reinstalling the application and doing some other shenanigans, that I can't recall now.

Password manager, ID monitoring, and the whole total package have been set up correctly on my Windows PC and my iPhone, with no signs of fault.

It would be great to receive some help!

• Roippa
    Roippa Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

👍️ did as instructed (uninstall → reinstall from My F-Secure account) and now Password Vault is accessible normally again…

Pricing & Product Info