Upgrade von Internet Security zu Total nicht möglich

Options
LucyKumquats
LucyKumquats Posts: 4 Observer

Ich habe einen Aktivierungscode zu Total gekauft. Hinzufügen zum Internet Security Konto ging nicht. Ich habe ein neues Konto erstellt, Total heruntergeladen, aber bei dem Hinzufügen des PC kam der 0000-cdb9677b36393e0d. Was muss ich nun tun?

Accepted Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @LucyKumquats ,

Thank you for the information you sent and for the screenshot.

I checked in our system the email address you used to register on our forum.

With this email address you have a My F-Secure account with a valid Total license, but you do not have any device connected to this account yet.

I suppose you may have previously had the program installed from F-Secure having a sub-user account on the main account, which belonged to someone else.

I would therefore recommend removing the program from your computer using the uninstall tool, which you can find at this link:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/support/tools

Please select Uninstallation tool for Windows.

After uninstalling the program and restarting your computer, install the program again by downloading it from your My F-Secure account. Please remember to log in with the e-mail address you used on our forum.

To install the product on your computer:

1. Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
    2. Select Add device.
    3. Choose whose device you want to protect, then select Continue.
    4. Select This computer to install the product on your current device.
    5. Select Download for Windows to get the installation package.
    6. Note: If you are using Windows 11 in S mode, it allows only apps from Microsoft Store. To be able to download our installation package, you need to switch out of S mode. For information on how to switch out of S mode, see the following Microsoft support article: Switching out of S mode in Windows. Note also that if you switch out of S mode, you'll need to keep using the standard version of Windows 11.
    7. Launch the downloaded installation package.

The F-Secure product setup page opens.

1. The product automatically detects the pre-selected language used by the computer and sets the product to use the same language. If you want to change the product language, select it from the drop-down list located in the top-left corner of the setup page.

If you later want to change the product language, you need to reinstall the product and select the language during the setup.

1. Read the End User License Terms and, if you agree to the terms, select Accept and continue. While the installation package installs the product to your device, follow the instructions shown onscreen.

Once the installation is completed, it can take a few minutes before the product receives the latest updates. You can see your protection status on the main page of the product.

1. The product notifies you if your browser extension is not yet in use. To add the browser extension, select Set up on the notification shown on the product main page and follow the instructions shown onscreen.

I hope that these tips will be helpful.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• LucyKumquats
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much! With these tips 💡and the good instructions, I was able to solve the problem in just a few minutes 😀

Answers

• LucyKumquats
    Options

Translation: I bought an activation code for Total. Adding to the Internet Security account did not work. I created a new account, downloaded Total, but when I added the PC I got 0000-cdb9677b36393e0d. What should I do now?

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Guten Tag @LucyKumquats

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.

In order for us to help you solve this problem we would need some additional details.

1.     What exactly is the version of the operating system you have installed on your device on which you want to install F-Secure Total?

2.     If your operating system is Wndows 10 or 11, have you performed all necessary updates on this device?

3.     When does the error message appear? Is it at the time of downloading the installation file, or rather after the installation has already started?

4.     What web browser are you using?

5.     Send us a screenshot of the message that is displayed.

This information will help us find a solution to your problem.

We will wait for a message from you.

Have a good one!

Pawel / F-Secure

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• LucyKumquats
    Options

Dear all,

1. & 2. Windows 11 home, 64-bit operating system, all updates done

3. after the installation has already started

4. Microsoft Edge

5. attached