MFA login

Options

Hi,

I cant send bug reports as forsome reason my account has multifactor authentication set it up.

I dont recall enabling it and i tried to login and none of the authenticators i have installed on my phone is not receiving the code

Cheers.

Jouni

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hello @J0nett0

Welcome to our forum and thank you for your post.

two-step verification is not set automatically. Only the account owner can activate it.

If the code does not appear in any authentication application, it may also mean that you have changed your phone in the meantime and the data from the previous phone in the application has not been synchronized with the new phone.

But there is another option.

Always during activation of two-step authentication for My F-Secure, the recovery codes are the back-up access to your account. Pleas check in your computer if you can find them.

If you do not have these recovery codes, you will be unable to access your account.

If you have a valid subscription, I will help you. A new account will be created for you with the same license period.

Note: You will have to re-install all devices from your new account.

Please let me know if you were able to regain access to your account or if we will have to create a new one. I am ready to help you.

Have a good one.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone