Problem with accessing password vault on another device

Options

I have FS Protection on two devices. I have a problem on my phone (another question here in the community) so I decided to reinstall it on my phone in case it would help. When trying to open password vault with a code from the other device I get the attached message. I have tried several times on different occasions. How to fix this? This feature on the phone is critical.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    edited February 19
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am also only an F-Secure user.

Despite the fact that it is better to find out a reason for the trouble (and, so, maybe to fix this bug) - can I suggest a workaround / check-steps?

If the other device is desktop - can you export your passwords (so, to keep them safely and accessible for further importing back)? The way to do it: Exporting Password Vault data | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides AND the way to import: Importing passwords from other password managers | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Then to configure 'trouble' device's installation as a fresh storage. I mean, in the fs protection app on mobile - is there an option to create a master password as a fresh storage in Password Vault? If so, do that. Then, is there an option to create / generate "sync-code" and if yes - can you use it with the 'first' normal device (to sync 'mobile' device WITH another device)?

Thanks!