Subscription Invalid

Options
Woodcock02
Woodcock02 Posts: 5 Explorer
edited February 6 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hi

Any help greatly appreciated - I have just had a warning pop up on my iMac saying my F-Secure subscription is invalid ? What is going on and how do I proceed from here - my Firefox has also stopped working, I can only use Chrome now ???

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 83 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Woodcock02 ,

thank you for contacting us here on F-Secure Community Portal!

The first question that arises is which MacOS version you have installed. Please note that MacOS 12 (Monterey) or higher is supported. This means that if you have MacOS Catalina or Big Sur, the program will not work or stop working with the same error message that your subscription has expired. 

Please also check the status of your subscription in your My F-Secure account. 

I found your account in our system and found out that it is indeed an expired trial account that expired in 2018. I have sent you a private message and would like to ask you to send me your email address that you used to register the account so that I can check the subscription in our system. 

As for Firefox, please check that you have the latest Firefox version installed and I would suggest reinstalling the app on your iMac.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards!

Answers

• Woodcock02
    Woodcock02 Posts: 5 Explorer
    edited February 7
    Options

Thanks Carolina. That explains everything. xxxx is my email address that is registered. I am just puzzled that it stopped working so suddenly now in 2024, if it expired in 2018. I will look into renewing!

I have solved the Firefox issue, it was the F-Secure extension that stopped it connecting. It had to be something similar as it happened at the same time

kind regards

Colin

Note - edited private information

Pricing & Product Info