Stop F-Secure from blocking sites i want to visit.

Options
Difahs
Difahs Posts: 5 Observer

Hello there. Good afternoon!

Am using F-Secure via "Ziggo Safe Online". Sometimes, i watch sports streaming. Unfortunately, these sites are blocked by F-Secure. Every time i need to watch some action i have to uninstall F-Secure to go through. This is a nuisance.

I tried excluding web pages thinking this will help. Still keeps blocking those sites.

How do i solve this problem?

Thank you. Have a wonderful day!

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Difahs

Welcome to the F-Secure Community and thank you for your post.

As you are using the customized version of F-Secure for Ziggo (Ziggo Safe Online), we recommend reaching out directly to Ziggo support for assistance with this issue. They have a dedicated support team that can help you effectively. You can contact them through this link: https://www.ziggo.nl/klantenservice/contact

Additionally, as suggested by @Ukko, the issue is likely related to the Ad blocker feature.

Thank you, and we wish you a good day.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

As such, it is better to use Ziggo Community or their Support resources; because, maybe, branded version with a bit of 'differences'.

However, in general, you still can check some things about. But could you clarify situation a little?

Unfortunately, these sites are blocked by F-Secure.

Is it blockpage by F-Secure? Or these sites are not loaded at all? Or there something else? I mean, what is indication of 'block'-state?

I tried excluding web pages thinking this will help. Still keeps blocking those sites.

That's strange. But can you check either Adblocker feature is on in your suite? There is guide: Blocking advertisements on websites | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

and if so - to try disable it?

Additionally, did you try to visit them with an active VPN connection or without any? I mean, likely streaming sites are not happy about vpn/proxy usage and may block such connections.

Another point about excluding web pages is:

better to exclude them with a view like: "f-secure.com" instead of "www.f-secure.com" or any other forms like "f-secure.com/some-pages-on-website".

Maybe a screenshot with 'blocking site by F-Secure' event is useful for a proper understanding your situation.

Thanks! And sorry for my English.

• Difahs
    Options

Hello there again.

Please don't worry about your English. You are doing just fine.

I use "AdBlock". There is no issue visiting these sites with AdBlock on.

Contacted Ziggo and chatted with a lady. She could not help me. Sent me back to F-Secure. Try again sometime later.

Unfortunately, these sites are blocked by F-Secure.

'Secure Connection Failed-25-01-2024.png': shows "Secure Connection Failed".

'F-Secure-uninstalled.png': Shows this site with F-Secure uninstalled.

'Websites-exception-25-01-2024.png': I tried this. No results.

Annoying taking out F-Secure every time i want to visit these sports streaming sites.

Best regards

• Difahs
    Options

Hallo Ukko,

Two additional information.

"Consent needed to protect your browsing-26-01-2024.png": F-Secure has been at my back with this. Finally i allowed it to do it's thing. No changes.

And the file: "Protection-History.png": gives more information.

Kind regards.

• Difahs
    Options

Hallo Ukko,

You like to ask questions and forget about it?

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    edited January 31
    Options

Hello @Difahs,

You like to ask questions and forget about it?

No, sorry about that. I just did not have the opportunity to use a proper Internet. And I also did not receive notifications about your responses (so, I did not try to use the web in not entirely convenient circumstances; I mean to check Community updates).

But, nevertheless, this is still a Community and your answers could be useful to other community members. Someone else could advise or explain based on the information received.

As for my opinion on the situation:

I use "AdBlock". There is no issue visiting these sites with AdBlock on.

So, did you mean an actual 'extension/addon' - AdBlock.

Not the feature in F-Secure solution?

I meant this in the F-Secure solution; it is visible in your screenshot about "websites-exception", the option / setting is called "Ad blocker". Could you try to switch 'off' it temporarily? And re-check possibility to use mentioned website.

This is also suggested by official F-Secure people in the reply above. However..

'Secure Connection Failed-25-01-2024.png': shows "Secure Connection Failed".

This screenshot shows that likely (as described then) - F-Secure browser addon/extension is not installed or activated. So, you see the generic "SSL_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED_ALERT" instead of F-Secure (Ziggo) branded blockpage with a clearly visible reason and URL name.

'Websites-exception-25-01-2024.png': I tried this. No results.

I think that blocked resource is not related to main URL (address that allowed / visible in address bar), but in any case:

based on your screenshot - allowed website is "www.crichd.live/a-certain-page-then"; My suggestion is to use generic exclusion as "crichd.live" to avoid any overwritten rules.

so to avoid "www." inclusion and a certain pages after "domain zone".

Annoying taking out F-Secure every time i want to visit these sports streaming sites.

Contacted Ziggo and chatted with a lady. She could not help me. Sent me back to F-Secure. Try again sometime later.

Yes, indeed. Just one point to mention: it is always possible to temporarily 'disable' some security features or turning off all security features (temporarily) instead of uninstalling (as an example). Described there (based on F-Secure TOTAL app): Turning off all security features | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Also, did you try the way (which is suggested by official reply in the comment above)? If so - strange that Ziggo cannot help.

"Consent needed to protect your browsing-26-01-2024.png": F-Secure has been at my back with this. Finally i allowed it to do it's thing. No changes.

So, you still did not see "branded blockpage"? Still "SSL-generic" wording when access is blocked?

And the file: "Protection-History.png": gives more information.

Looks like some website/resources in the background of visited page is rated as harmful by F-Secure Security Cloud. And, so, blocked as a protection feature.

If this is a reason of not being able to watch streams - then, if you are sure about safe status of them. It is possible to try allow locally (put in the Websites exclusion).

crichdstreaming.xyz

pythiosdubs.com

but they looks suspicious a bit. and the main website is not in Google Search results for me - so, I can't say it is surely safe. Based on VirusTotal (website) results - both are flagged as suspicious (malicious) by some of vendors. Including wordings like 'phishing', 'fraud'. Especially the second one (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/c15deca83091971abdeb37f6489c0d7ad77dd3d7dd40ad5da4d34a6e87c1d8ea).

well, I would suggest:

• to check if the trouble is related to F-Secure's (Ziggo) Ad blocker feature; by switching it off in the Settings;
    • to allow "crichd.live" instead of a full view (as it is on your screenshot);
    • to verify that even with active and enabled F-Secure Browsing Protection addon/extension - it is still not visible what is blocked on website; and the view is still the same as in your screenshot with "SSL_GENERIC_ERROR";
    • if all 'fails' - perhaps, the reason is malicious/harmful-rating for, at least, two additional URLs. Which are known as suspicious for some vendors in VirusTotal.com results; the second one is a bit of more 'phishy' and 'tricky'. But, likely, the first URL is related to actual streaming and maybe it is possible to try put it into Website exclusions. And then check if you can watch the videos.

I cannot really to recommend this (even for this on .xyz domain zone), but if you are sure that resources are safe (or since you, anyway, decided to use after uninstalling F-Secure solution) - this is an option.

Thanks!

• Difahs
    Options

Hello Ukko,

Good afternoon! Thank you very much for your kind reply. You have no need to apologize. you have good reasons for going off line for a few days!

As you can see, i have also been offline for a while. My apologies to you for replying so late. I have had same issues like you did.

Anyways, you have written a lot and i think i need some time to digest it all.

I have also spoken to someone at F-Secure. He suggests the same thing. This is Ziggo territory. And Ziggo is playing hard to get! Yesterday i had to wait for more than 25 minutes playing with my thumb waiting for them to appear. They did not. I left. A few days earlier, i was able to talk to someone and he played "passing the buck" game. Sending me to F-Secure. That's when i talked to that F-Secure Engineer who suggested Ziggo needs to take care of this.

I am thinking of moving to KPN. Just thinking. I'll be informing Ziggo in a few days. Lets see what they come up with.

If i move to KPN, the problem is solved. Staying at Ziggo depends on what they do about this.

I think i'll be able to tell you by next week end.

Have a wonderful day!

My greetings to you and the Community Manager Firmy.