is the problem with wscscannermanagerd draining resources fixed?

Options

I am also having a problem with applications and webpages taking long time to load with the beach ball just rolling. I am using a 13 inch MacBook Pro M2 chip running Sonoma 14.2.1 and F-Secure 19.4. I have used F-Secure for a number of years and have not seen it hog resources like this before. Please advise. Thanks

Accepted Answers

• ArthurVal
    ArthurVal Posts: 236 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, @user101!

Thanks for the report! Yes, indeed 19.4 Mac product release introduced a completely refactored brand new Anti-Virus stack. We have been collecting all the feedback we've been receiving so far and addressing the discovered issues.

We have released one hotfix that improved the performance for some use cases. And currently we are working on one more fix that should hopefully stabilise the situation to an acceptable level for the majority of users. We'll update this thread once it's released.

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @user101

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post.

We released one hotfix which fixed some issue. We're still working on a second hotfix that should fix more issues with high usage of resources.

Regarding the issue of wscscannermanagerd I would like to ask for some details. 

Is the problem related to increased CPU usage or memory usage?

Please send us screenshots of the measurement results.

We will take a closer look at it.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone