synchronizing ID-protection between desk top and android phone

Options

Helo

I have recently reinstalled ID-protection on my desk top. In my account the license is activated for the desk top and my android. When I try to connect them the synchronisation code is not accepted. I get the message: 'synchronisation error: synchronisation failed'

can anyone help me with this.

Roland

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 202 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Roland_M62 ,

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.

As a result of the problem, I would recommend removing ID Protection using our uninstaller.

I understand that the error message appears on your PC while the application on your mobile device works fine and you have all your passwords stored there.

If this is the case, on the PC

uninstall ID Protection using the Uninstallation tool for Windows, which you

can find here: https://www.f-secure.com/en/support/tools.

Then log in on your PC to your My F-Secure account and release the license for that device if necessary.

Now reinstall ID Protection and perform device synchronization.

Please let us know if the device connection was successful this time.

Have a good one.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• Roland_M62
    Roland_M62 Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Hello Pawel,

Thank you for your help. But in order to be able to reinstall ID protection on my Desk Top, I already applied this procedure with the help of the customer service. Even after that the devbices wouldn't synchronize. Also the browser extension didn't recognize the authoriasation code.

But miracuolousy today the devices were paired without trouble, when I tried again. The browser extension is also activated now.

Regards

• Edwin301
    Edwin301 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I have the same problem and re-installation on my Windows desktop doesn't work.
    I am missing passwords in the vault , that are present on my Android phone.

Pricing & Product Info