VPN - Stockholm - Lags/Time out

Options
Ntek
Ntek Posts: 3 New Member

Using VPN in Stockholm. It lags something incredible at times and gives "time out" during times that you can imagine are hectic. If I switch to a server in Finland, it works fine.

What to do? Or when do you fix the server in Stockholm?

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Ntek

I am am in contact with our technical department about your case. We would like to take a closer look at this problem.

Could you please reproduce the issue when you are connected to our Swedish site (f-secure.com) and while the problem is still on (i.e. do not disconnect VPN!), check what VPN gateway IP address you’re connected to & let us know? You can see this from for example https://www.whatismyip.com/.

There hasn’t been any unusual load on the Swedish servers, so it is unlikely that the problem originates from there. It could be in the network routing somewhere between the user and our servers, especially if the user has the issue when he is connected through his own Wi-Fi. So you could try to see if the problem reproduces through the Wi-Fi and mobile data at the same time. In other words, you could try to reproduce the problem using the Windows through the Wi-Fi and using Android through the mobile data.

We would greatly appreciate it if you provide us with this information. This should help us find the cause of the problem.

Kind regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hallo @Ntek

Welcome to our forum.

Thank you for your post.

Please give us some details. 

Is the problem that you can't connect to the Stockholm location or the connection to this location is interrupted?

Or rather, is the problem that when the Shthokholm location is enabled, the Internet connection is slowed down or is interrupted?

Please be very specific about the problem, this will help us determine the cause and solution.

Thank you very much. 

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• Ntek
    Options

I can always connect to Stockholm. But the speed varies. From time to time, it doesn't respond or responds slowly. It usually lasts for an hour or so. Usually in the mornings or early evening.

This applies to all my devices.

If I switch to Finland's server, it works. But I don't want to use that server.

• Ntek
    Options

It feels like the server is overloaded. If you understand that feeling?

Product & Pricing Info