Password Vault password not recognized-new PC install

Options
Fsecureissues2024
Fsecureissues2024 Posts: 2 Observer
edited January 7 in F-Secure Total

In my new installation of F-Secure Total on Windows 10 build 19045-3803, Password Vault is not accepting my (known and entered correctly) password. There is NO WAY to connect the devices without getting through this broken password screen. Password Vault still works perfectly on my iPhone, THANK THE GODS. Otherwise I would be F-Secure Totally screwed. :) I tried to create a recovery code on the iPhone and use it on the PC, but it is not recognized. How can I get Password Vault working on my PC - without touching my still working iPhone installation?

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 83 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Fsecureissues2024 ,

thank you for contacting us!

The best way to solve this issue is to reinstall the F-Secure TOTAL software on your PC. You can use our uninstallation tool to delete all the files and possible error from your PC. The tool can be downloaded from this website: https://www.f-secure.com/en/support/tools

After the uninstallation is finished, download the installation file from your My F-Secure account an run it. Please remember to release the license before that by clicking on a device that you want to release a license from and then Release License.

If the installation is complete, you can set up the Vault again and use the masterpassword you use on the phone to sync the Vault. 

To transfer the passwords, open the F-Secure app on your iPhone, go to the vault, click the cogwheel in the top right corner, select Connect Devices and then Generate Sync Code, which you can enter in the app on your computer.

I hope this will help to solve the issue. In case of further question, feel free to ask.

Best regards!

Answers

• Fsecureissues2024
    Fsecureissues2024 Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

Thank you that almost works. Now when I try to add the Chrome extension, I'm getting "Invalid" authorization code". Any thoughts?

• siramic
    siramic Posts: 98 Path Finder
    edited January 10
    Options

Hello,

Try this, first uninstall the PM extension from Chrome. Go back to F-Secure Password Vault -> Autofill -> and even if Install on Chrome is checked green, tick on the link to the Chrome Web Store, and Install it. You hopefully will have the icon with a yellow symbol. Then use your phone to to sync as described above.

I've had a time or two when I've uninstalled and reinstalled F-Secure Total that I've had to reinstall the Chrome PM extension to get them to sync again, correctly.

I hope that helps.