Hoping this product isn't about to become totally useless...

Options
HmmCity
HmmCity Posts: 2 Observer
edited January 7 in F-Secure Total

I've seen a lot of complaints about the F-Secure pop-ups. Personally, I found them very helpful. However, recently the pop-ups pop up and then pop down so fast that I can't even read them making them not merely annoying but both annoying and pointless. Is that the plan?

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hallo @HmmCity

Welcome to our forum.

Thank you for your post.

Indeed, the new Trusted Shopping feature has stirred up a lot of excitement. Some have found it a good and practical idea, while others find the pop-up irritating.

This feature proves to be very practical, especially for people who do not have much experience in online shopping. On the other hand, if someone thinks they don't need the feature, they have the option to turn it off in Total.

In addition, we are constantly working on improving this feature to best suit the needs of different users. For example:

·       Trusted shopping statistics are visible in the main user interface, under Secure Browsing subpage.

·       Configurable appearance of trusted shopping popup under Secure Browsing > Trusted shopping settings. You can, for example disable the safe (green) popups and have the product warn you only when the shopping site has questionable or bad reputation.

We hope that the introduction of additional configuration options for Trusted Shopping will help to make the best use of this feature according to users' personal preferences and needs.

Have a nice day.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• HmmCity
    HmmCity Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

So to disable the safe (green) popups and have the product warn you only when the shopping site has questionable or bad reputation would be a viable work around because right now the notification goes up and down before I can read it. If I knew the notifications only come with danger would be helpful although what I would prefer would be for the pop-up to just stay up until I discard it.

Sadly, I poked around where you said and couldn't figure out how to disable the safe (green) popups and have the product warn you only when the shopping site has questionable or bad reputation.

• siramic
    siramic Posts: 98 Path Finder
    Options

Hi @PawełP

As with @HmmCity I'm not sure of where the setting is you mentioned in Trusted Shopping?

I also agree that they pop up and disappear pretty quickly. They may need to stay up another second or two more.

Thank you :)

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hi @HmmCity & @siramic

Thank you for your comments.

In my post I wrote:

"In addition, we are constantly working on improving this feature to best suit the needs of different users. For example:"

By this I meant to express that we are working on implementing these new features in Trusted Shopping. They are currently in the process of testing and will be implemented in a version for all users upon approval.

I apologize if I did not express myself precisely.

Have a great day.

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• siramic
    siramic Posts: 98 Path Finder
    Options

@PawełP

Thank you for your prompt reply and for helping to clear up some of my confusion.

It sounds like team F-Secure has some good ideas for improving the Trusted Shopping feature, it will be a nice addition when it's released :)

Have a great weekend :)

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the discussion!

because right now the notification goes up and down before I can read it. If I knew the notifications only come with danger would be helpful although what I would prefer would be for the pop-up to just stay up until I discard it.

Indeed, if you are not ready to look and read that corner pretty fast - it is almost impossible to get all information there. However, I think the most important point is 'pop-up' itself with "Green" color and some 'five smileys' (for example). So, the general idea is 'visible'.

In addition, the tip is to use Browser Extension's menu. By clicking BP addon/extension logo in browser bar - you should get exactly same amount of information (from popup) plus some extras.

And, by the way, I think dangerous/suspicious-rated shopping sites should 'stay up' (constantly visible) in contrast with safe ones (quick pop-up).

I also agree that they pop up and disappear pretty quickly. They may need to stay up another second or two more.

Yes. I think this change is happened after a lot of complaints and some discussions. Perhaps, as a potential way to be less 'annoying' and 'too much noticeable'.

at least, at the first days of feature (even with stable release) - disappearing was after those two seconds (or one second) more.

I also can say that my beta installation has mentioned tweaks for Settings. But I cannot, actually, check against 'suspicious'/dangerous websites for Trusted Shopping to feel the difference. :)

Thanks and sorry for my English!