Problems with VPN(?) and Samsung Galaxy s23

Options
g00die_zip
g00die_zip Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

I've been using F-secure total for few years now with different phones (p30 pro, xiaomi mi 10 pro) and basically never had issues.

But now with Samsung Galaxy s23 I guess the VPN causes slow connection to web sites and it drops connection to for example discord.

For example with Opera or Chrome browser both the website starts to load but can't load. If I refresh the browser it might load or not. If I switch off VPN temporarily the website loads immediately. Same with discord....the app just says "connecting"...and finally it connects most of the time.

Not a biggie I guess but annoying feature.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @g00die_zip @eThor243

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post and comment.

Could you provide the Android version and the current F-Secure Total version installed on your Samsung Galaxy S23? Also, let us know the specific location you're connected to and which VPN protocol you're using.

Is this issue occurring while connected to WiFi or mobile data? It might be helpful to attempt switching between network connections to see if the problem persists. Additionally, following @eThor243's suggestion, consider trying different servers to see if that resolves the issue.

Enabling the killswitch option within the app might also be beneficial. Here's a guide to assist you: Blocking internet access when VPN is disrupted or is being established | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

We're here to support you and look forward to your update. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day.

Answers