I generated a master password recovery QR - how do I use it to recover my passwords?

Options

Restoring my Android device from backup after factory reset - how do I get ID Protect to use my master password recovery QR to reinstate all my passwords?

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 91 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @WhiskyMac ,

thank you for contacting us!

As mentioned above in the comment, the QR recovery code is only needed when trying yo regain the access to an already set up app on your device. Therefore the QR recovery code cannot be used to set up the ID Protection App. If you have installed ID Protection on another device for example on a PC you can generate a sync code that will help you transfer all data from the one app to the other. It recommended to set up the vault in all possible devices or at least two just in case you need to sync the passwords.

Best regards!

Answers

• s41y4j1n
    s41y4j1n Posts: 17 Enthusiast
    Options

The recovery QR code is meant for regaining access to your ID Protection vault if you forget your master password. If you have ID Protection on another device, you can sync with it to recover your saved passwords.

🤠

• WhiskyMac
    WhiskyMac Posts: 7 Observer
    Options

So, effectively the product is useless in its single user license form - to be at all usable one needs to purchase at least one additional license?

Pricing & Product Info