Privacy VPN and Apple CarPlay. CarPlay no longer connects when Privacy VPN is on

mtnwmn13
mtnwmn13 Posts: 2 Observer
edited July 2 in Privacy VPN

Hello,

I am subscribed to F-Secure Total, since 2019. I have an iPhone Xs Max, iOS Ver 17.1.2

Recently CarPlay is no longer connecting on my iPhone when the VPN is turned on. It was working up until a few weeks ago. I was having a problem with the VPN on my iPhone, it was continually disconnecting, and I would have to manually turn it on. Before contacting Support I decided to delete the F-Secure app from the phone. I reinstalled it and it started working again without issues, it no longer disconnected itself. But since I've reinstalled it Apple CarPlay no longer connects while the VPN is turned on. Turn off the VPN and it connects immediately.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kg

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 132 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @mtnwmn13 ,

Welcome to the F-Secure community. Thank you for your message!

To troubleshoot the issue, you may consider adjusting your VPN protocols. Please follow these steps:

1) Open the F-Secure App and go to Privacy VPN

2) Click on the gear symbol in the upper right corner

3) Click on Protocol

4) If the protocol is set to IKEv2, please change it to IKEv1

Please then check whether you can connect to Carplay.

In case of further questions, please contact me!

Best regards.

Answers

• mtnwmn13
    mtnwmn13 Posts: 2 Observer

CarolinaC, thanks so much for the response. I did check my settings and it was already defaulted to IKEv1. Just to give it a try I did switch it to IKEv2 to see if it might make a difference, but of course it did not. And then switched it back to IKEv1, and still no joy.

However, I just noticed today, January 04, 2024, it is working correctly. There was an F-Secure: Total Security & VPN app update that I installed on 12/26/23. Looks like that must have fixed the issue.

Thanks again for your response, I appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Kg

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info