iOS WiFi not reconnecting after standby

Options
Meddok
Meddok Posts: 14 Enthusiast

Since the new iOS update to17.1.2 I have experiencing difficulties with the VPN.

After the phone is coming out from standby there is no internet connection either on 4G nor wifi. I have to manually reconnect by turning on the vpn from the app.

I don't know if this problem is affecting my iPhone from receiving iMessages or FaceTime calls but I bet it does.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Meddok

Thank you for your post and comments.

We acknowledge the issue you've reported, and we are currently investigating it. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to generate a log file. Your assistance in providing this additional information will greatly contribute to our investigation.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a good day.

Answers

• Meddok
    Options

I tried turning off the automatic wifi protection and the always on VPN when phone inactive functions from the app settings and it works for me for the time being.

Of course I don’t have the luxury of these settings now.

• Meddok
    Options
  • OSX_rulez
    OSX_rulez Posts: 27 Enthusiast
    Options

I have observed the same bug, and even worse it disconnects when I'm using the iPhone!

Also, when I select the app to check what's going on, it shows "active" when actually it's not, and after a few seconds it change the status to "disconnected" and try to connect again. This is really annoying.

• Meddok
    Options

Actually I have the same issue. Sometimes even though the screen shows the vpn is on, I have no internet at all. I have not had any disconnections from using the VPN while on FaceTime.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @Meddok @OSX_rulez

To address the issue you're experiencing, could you please try the following steps on your iOS device:

1. Delete the VPN profile on your iOS device.
    2. Open the F-Secure Freedome VPN app and turn it on. This action will prompt you to reinstall the VPN profile.
    3. After reinstalling the profile, kindly check if the issue persists.

Before removing the VPN profile, please ensure that your iOS version is at least 17.2.

Once you've completed these steps, I would appreciate it if you could share the outcome with us.

Thank you for your cooperation, and if you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

• OSX_rulez
    OSX_rulez Posts: 27 Enthusiast
    Options

@Firmy Excuse me, but it seems you are only wasting (paid) customers time. Do you think that after 3 months of many issues with the Freedome VPN these steps has not already been done?

What are you doing with the logs sent to the customer service email?

My subscription will expire next month. I won't renew, and it's unbelievable that F-Secure is not extending the subscription until all these bugs will be fixed.

Product & Pricing Info