Junk mail etc.

Options
ClaJan52
ClaJan52 Posts: 1 New Member
edited May 2 in F-Secure Total

My Microsoft Live email address has been hit by a barrage of junk mail and phishing attempts. Now I make it so that every day I go into Outlook and mark them as junk mail, move them to the trash and delete them, a day later they come back.

Quite annoying! Is there a setting in F-Secure that allows me to avoid these spam emails and phishing on a daily basis?

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,632 Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

Quite annoying! Is there a setting in F-Secure that allows me to avoid these spam emails and phishing on a daily basis?

Perhaps, currently, it is not possible.

I mean, F-Secure home solutions are not about any 'filtering' for incoming emails to your inbox (of third-party provider) or to post-filter them in your inbox.

However, as such, the reason of increased spam/phishing/junk emails is important. For example, maybe you tried to input/enter your email address in some tricky websites or not trustworthy ones. Or your email address is too 'easy' to guess and so such letters is a random combination.

But it is also possible that trusted or known resource (where your account is pinned to email address; or email address is used itself) with leakage. So, you could try to use built-in F-Secure ID Monitoring (if it is part of your subscription) or web-based online tool on their website to figure out if there any known leaks about your email address.

Anyway, the main reason to reply is suggestion about next thing:

could you check if Outlook or Microsoft Live (or whatever) has built-in or configurable spam-rules or custom rules about filtering incoming letters and so things.

As an example, I tried to look at that article: Filter junk email and spam in Outlook - Microsoft Support

where the ability to filter, at least, based on 'domain' is exist. If received junk letters are mostly from the very same or same domains (which are possible to exclude from the safe ones) - you can try this way.

Otherwise, Microsoft should improve their 'spam' database at some point and maybe to reject 'junked' emails on their end.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.