System Tray Icon Notifications

Options
siramic
siramic Posts: 116 Adventurer
edited May 2 in F-Secure Total

Hello :)

I was wondering why the system tray icon doesn't alert me when one or two of my shields are off, or change color to remind me of that? Is there a setting I'm not seeing? Sometimes I disable Virus Protection and Deepguard when I'm running my CAD software (even though I have it in Excluded) just to be sure it's not being slowed down.

Thank you for any insights you can give me.

Mods, my apologies but please place this in the proper forum category as needed.

Accepted Answers

• marmab
    marmab Posts: 35 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @siramic

Thank you for your post. By system design the F-Secure hidden icon will not trigger notifications. Primarily the icon in the system tray works just the same as the desktop icon. When you turn off your automatic scanning, your Windows security will prompt the system tray notification regarding your antivirus being turned off.

The current device notifications are set to be in app notifications under the "Pending Tasks" section. We do appreciate you bringing up this suggestion to us, we shall forward this to our developers as a future feature request.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,632 Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the discussion.

was wondering why the system tray icon doesn't alert me when one or two of my shields are off, or change color to remind me of that? Is there a setting I'm not seeing?

but unless you dismissed 'notification' in UI -- critical ones ('red' category) should open UI; so the user can see the trouble state. Perhaps, at reboot or restart it will be shown again.

I mean, is there any huge difference between changed tray-logo OR shown warning notification ("a task") at the time of 'disabled' critical modules.

However, if I understood official response above correctly - maybe it is not always the case. and sometimes, those notifications (tasks) are not triggered.

Sometimes I disable Virus Protection and Deepguard when I'm running my CAD software (even though I have it in Excluded) just to be sure it's not being slowed down.

Additionally, when you disable VP or DeepGuard, current F-Secure solution give you an option to temporarily disable it. Say, five minutes, fifteen hours, an hour, some hours or for a day.

I feel that this is a good mitigation for situations when user then can forget to re-enable it back. Just need to disable it for enough time (of your desire).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.