Banking protection begins on a non-banking site

Options
flopes
flopes Posts: 1 New Member
edited May 2 in F-Secure Total

Hi,

When I am on the gab.com site using chrome, and launch a link from inside gab.com, I am stopped by banking protection asking if I want to add the new site as a trusted site.

This has become burdensome. Gab.com IS NOT A BANKING SITE as far as I know and can tell ! It is annoying to stop browsing to deal with an warning message that is being produced in error.

Please advise,

Frank

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,632 Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user.

I am stopped by banking protection asking if I want to add the new site as a trusted site.

A bit of obscure situation as for me. What is your F-Secure solution and platform (Windows, Android, macOS or iOS)?

Or did you mean that opened 'new site' is blocked by F-Secure (as active banking session on-going) and there is a blockpage with an ability to allow using it while Banking Protection session is on? Did you see green-border around your screen and safe-checkmark in the top middle? Can you manually stop/cancel Banking Protection session?

I mean at which point Banking Session protection is triggered? Only when you tried to open another website (URL) or after you sitting on the original website?

But, anyway, you can try to fix situation by next steps:

Open it, switch to the "URL sample";

Put URL which will trigger Banking Protection (being non-banking website);

Tick checkbox "I want to give more details about this sample and to be...";

Among all default things, choose URL type as Banking Protection related trouble and subject as 'should not trigger banking protection session'.

As a result, F-Secure Labs will re-rate/re-analyze it.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.