Microsoft protection notice

Options
Jöröj
Jöröj Posts: 6 Observer

Hello, can anybody explain, why is Microsoft sending me a message (every time I start my laptop) "Your virus protection programme is not updated", even if I F-Secure shows that the updates were checked one minute ago and that everything is ok?

Thanks and regards,

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Jöröj

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

To assist you further, could you provide additional details about the message you're encountering? For instance:

• Does the message appear in the notification center?
    • Does the message persist after restarting your machine?
    • If possible, sharing a screenshot of the message would be immensely helpful.

There's an ongoing discussion about users receiving an email from Microsoft regarding disabled real-time protection. You may want to check this link to see if the issue aligns with what you're facing: Mail from Microsoft that realtime protection is disabled on startup — F-Secure Community

Thank you for your cooperation, and should you have any more questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.

Wishing you a great day ahead.

Answers

• Jöröj
    Options

Thank you for your reply. I read the comments in the link and it seems that others are experiencing similar problems with Microsoft. In my case, the message appears as a pop-up box on the screen, when I start the laptop. I will try to clear my browsing history to see if the message disappears. I suppose the cookies and caches disappear too when i clear my browsing history?

Have a good day

• Jöröj
    Options

Hello again, I tried clearing up my browsing history. I also checked windows security and noticed the following red remark: "Amazon Assistant for Chrome, Amazon's Official browser extension. Chrome recommends to delete this extension, because the developer has cancelled it,"

I deleted it in line with the recommendation. When I start my computer after deletion, the pop-up warning still appears on the screen, but only for a short while (1-3 seconds) and then disappears. Earlier the pop-up warning stayed on the screen.

So, the warning still appears but disappears automatically, which is nicer, but the reason for the warning is still a mystery.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @Jöröj

Thank you for your reply.

Does it appear immediately upon startup or when you open your browser? Additionally, sharing a screenshot of the message would be helpful for better understanding.

Moreover, it's advisable to check if any suspicious browser extensions are installed. If you find any, consider removing them to enhance your browsing security.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I look forward to resolving this for you.

• Jöröj
    Options

When I opened my browser after your message, it appeared after 10 seconds, but disappeared so quickly that I did not manage to take a screenshot. When I restarted my computer, the warning did not appear any more. Hopefully, this is a permanent disappearance!

Thanks for your replies.

• Jöröj
    Options

The warning message still appears, only for a couple of seconds. It says: "Your F-Secure protection program has not been updated, click here to update." When I click, I come to the F-Secure check updates-page. It says that updates were successfully implemented (one minute ago).

I suppose, I can ignore the flashing Windows warning message?

Have a nice day!

• patrinatucker
    patrinatucker Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Hey there! It seems like there might be a slight disconnect between Microsoft's system notifications and the information provided by F-Secure. This could be due to a delay in synchronization or a potential glitch in the notification system. One suggestion would be to manually check for updates within your F-Secure application to ensure everything is in sync. Regarding your query about download Minecraft v1.20.31.01 it's advisable to obtain software updates only from official and reputable sources. You can usually find the latest version on the official Minecraft website or through the Microsoft Store to ensure a secure and reliable download.

• Jöröj
    Options

Hello, the Microsoft warning message seems to have disappeared. Perhaps, it was a synchronization problem that disappeared with the latest Microsoft update. Anyway, I am please to have got rid off the message. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Have a good day!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info