How do add a device to existing user? (so many questions about this in the past!!)

Options
slymp
slymp Posts: 1 New Member

I have 5 licences. My wife got a new phone. I removed her licence from het old phone, and I'm trying to get her new phone licensed.

Under her name, there is no "add device"

Under my name, I can add a device, but it says "who for?". When I enter her name it says she already exists. So how do I add a device for her?

(FYI, I have a page open that says "we logged you out for your own safety", yet I can go to my account and subscription in the same tab. A bit odd!)

thanks

cheers

Steve

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @slymp

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

It seems like you've already invited her as a sub-user. Just a quick heads-up: you won't be able to install the app if you're logged in with your account. Instead, use her login credentials to log in and download the app.

Once you've sent the invite, she'll get an email with login details. Click on the link, log in with those credentials, and you'll be prompted to change the password. This will take you to the My F-Secure page, where you can download and install the app.

For a more detailed guide, check out our online help: Sharing protection with a family member or friend | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

(FYI, I have a page open that says "we logged you out for your own safety", yet I can go to my account and subscription in the same tab. A bit odd!)

If you've been away from the page for a bit, we logged you out for safety, however, just head back, continue your activity, and you'll regain access.

Need more help? Just give us a shout. Have an awesome day.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info