Bug in Chrome Extension - displays Green box with info

Options

Hi all

unsure if this is the correct place but just noticed what appears to be a bug with the f-secure Chrome extension . It displays a Green box in the lower corner with info about the site being visited.

See screenshot .

Accepted Answers

• ArthurVal
    ArthurVal Posts: 236 F-Secure Employee
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello, @ng87!

Thanks for the report. We are aware of the issue. An updated version of the extension with the fix will be soon available as soon as Google finishes reviewing it.

This green popup does not affect any extension functionality. It's just an additional debug information that extension is supposed to show during development that slipped into the release version. So nothing to worry about that much. The extension itself should be fully functional.

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

• ArthurVal
    ArthurVal Posts: 236 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

The updated Google Chrome extension has been published. You can update it manually by going to extension menu in Chrome and clicking "Update" or Chrome will update it on its own next time it checks for updates.

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

Answers

• ng87
    ng87 Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

forgot to add that this greenbox with the info appears on all websites , if i disable the f-secure chrome addon it goes away

• C0ntrol
    C0ntrol Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

I can confirm the bug. @ng87's description matches the issue I'm experiencing 1:1.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sounds that may be specific for Google Chrome. At least, I did not notice this with Microsoft Edge or Firefox (where is a bit older extension build).

What is your version of Browsing Protection extension in Google Chrome?

at the time, there was a related situation with Microsoft Edge - FS Protection PC 19.2 releases — F-Secure Community

maybe, this time it is happened with Google Chrome.

• C0ntrol
    C0ntrol Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

For me the versions are Chrome v119.0.6045.107 and extension v5.1.84

I can also confirm that Edge's extension (v5.1.75) is not causing the same issue