Microsoft Real Time protection disabled

Options
System
System Posts: 131 Enthusiast
This discussion was created from comments split from: Mail from Microsoft that realtime protection is disabled on startup.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @megangrill

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

The issue you mentioned appears to be specific to Microsoft. For more details, I recommend checking this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-defender-pc-reboot-false-positive-email/fc693282-db9f-4deb-a9d1-33393d106a1a

Regarding your concern, it's essential to download apps from legitimate sources. APK files are not a safe source for downloading apps for Windows. APK files are primarily designed for Android devices and contain installation packages for Android applications. Windows uses a different format for its applications, typically distributed as .exe files or through the Microsoft Store.

Downloading and running an APK file on a Windows device is not advisable and can be risky. It may not be compatible with your operating system and could potentially contain malware or other security risks. To install apps on a Windows computer, it's best to use trusted sources such as the official Microsoft Store or the software developer's website.

If you have more questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask. We're here to help.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Answers

• megangrill
    megangrill Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

It appears that for the past month or so, I've been receiving warning emails from Microsoft/Windows about Realtime protection being disabled on my PC. However, when I check Windows Security Center, it assures me that everything is in order and that F-Secure is actively safeguarding my computer. This situation is somewhat reminiscent of the confusion sometimes experienced when trying to verify the legitimacy and status of apps like minecraft pe apk 1.19.80.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info