Freedome poor connectivity.

Options
titlerequired
titlerequired Posts: 8 Explorer

Experiencing poor connectivity on ios 16.6.1 currently but if I’m honest it’s been for a long time. Constantly have to manually drop and re establish the vpn to get any kind of connection.

Connectivity with the vpn off is solid, but obviously defeats the purpose of the VPN.

Tried IKEv2 but that actually seems worse.

Any tips you can suggest?

i have reinstalled the app.

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @titlerequired

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

Could you please share more details about your post? Are you facing slow internet connection on your iOS device, or is it a different issue? Also, which location are you currently connected to? Have you tried changing the location within the app? If so, did it make a difference? Another thing to consider is enabling the automatic kill switch.

One more suggestion is to turn off Private Relay on your iOS device. You can find instructions on how to do this in this link: https://support.apple.com/en-sg/guide/iphone/iph499d287c2/ios

Once you've tried these steps, please let me know the results. I'm here to assist you.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hi @titlerequired

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to our forum community.

We have recently experienced some problems with the VPN on our servers.

We are working all the time to get the situation under control and gradually the efficiency of all servers is being restored. We are experiencing congestion at many locations due to increased traffic.

Internet speeds with VPN enabled should normalize over the next few days.

Have a nice day

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 459 Rock Star
    Options

Hi

In case there is still some problems with exit nodes(vpn servers) would you mind updating the offical status view https://status.f-secure.com/ accordingly,right now there is nothing concerning this issue,only iOS 17..1 partial outage,thank you...

• titlerequired
    Options

Is there no way to surface this information in the app? Sounds like you guys knew this was affecting people. I was pretty close to ditching the product, and I have been using Freedome for years. I’m not one to complain generally but with the technology available today it is pretty inexcusable to have an issue like this and not put some sort of notice out.

• titlerequired
    Options

Not sure what more info I can provide. The VPN connection either won’t connect or goes stale and requires manual disconnection and reconnection.

Not using private relay.

Changing location does not seem to help. Connected to UK primarily.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @titlerequired

Thank you for your comment.

Have you considered uninstalling and then reinstalling the app on your iOS device? Also, is the issue occurring when you're on Wi-Fi or mobile data? It might be worth trying to switch your network connection to see if that resolves the problem. Additionally, could you please let me know the version of F-Secure Freedome VPN that you're currently running on your device?

We're here to assist you. Thank you, and I hope you have a great day.

• titlerequired
    Options

As I said in my original message, it makes no difference if I am on Wi-Fi or mobile data, I experience the issue on multiple connection types and locations.

I have also tried reinstalling the app.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @titlerequired

Thank you for your reply.

We completely understand your frustration with the issue, and we want to assure you that we are dedicated to helping you resolve it.

Could you kindly share with us the version of F-Secure Freedome VPN you have installed on your iOS device? Additionally, have you given uninstalling and reinstalling the app a try?

We are looking forward to hearing from you and working together to find a solution.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

• titlerequired
    Options

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @titlerequired

To investigate network-related issues, especially in cases involving packet loss, we'll need a report from a networking tool. I've sent you a private message with detailed instructions. Kindly follow these instructions and share the results with me through private message.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I wish you a wonderful day.

• OSX_rulez
    OSX_rulez Posts: 27 Enthusiast
    Options

Hello @Firmy so the problems with the VPN service have not be solved after more than a month that many users are complaining?

As the poster wrote, it's not a matter of speed (which is acceptable even if not the maximum available) but it's a connection problem! on iOS the F-Secure VPN app disconnects from the servers randomly, and often the content (especially images/videos that were not previously cached) are not loaded from the internet so one has to disconnect and reconnect several times a day.

As I already suggested, I think you should not only fix these bugs but extend the subscriptions for your customers!

I'm also interested in trying that report tool... thank you

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @OSX_rulez

Thank you for your comment.

We want to assure you that the initial issue has been resolved. However, the user is currently encountering a separate problem specific to their iOS device. Our request for them to try the tool is part of our efforts to trace the traffic route and further investigate the issue.

We appreciate your understanding and ongoing support. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Wishing you a wonderful day.

• titlerequired
    Options

It doesn’t sound specific to my device if someone else is reporting the same thing.

I have been using the tool you sent me but as expected, during periods where the vpn is ‘connected’ but I have no traffic throughout the traceroute simply reports 100% loss.

not sure what you hoped to achieve with that.

disconnecting the vpn immediately restores connectivity.

reestablishing the vpn then will often resolve the issue for a short time.

seems more like a capacity issue with the service to me.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @titlerequired

Thank you for getting back to us.

Could you please provide the results of the traceroute? We will forward this information to our product team. Feel free to share the results with us via a private message.

Appreciate your cooperation. Thank you.

• titlerequired
    Options

You want a screen shot showing 100% loss?

Im sure they will understand what that means.

if there is a way to pull logs from the Freedome app I would gladly send those.

• OSX_rulez
    OSX_rulez Posts: 27 Enthusiast
    Options

The latest version is even worse. Do you still have problems with the release 3.5.0.9074 ?

I could not connect to any server all night long (the same day the new app was released), and now it's disconnecting several times a day or it is just stuck and nothing is loading.

• Meddok
    Meddok Posts: 14 Enthusiast
    edited December 2023
    Options

My VPN still doesn’t work normally

• titlerequired
    Options

Shocking this week.

But yeah, probably all our devices have an issue 🧐 rather than an issue with the service.

Product & Pricing Info