Annoying Pop up on subscription reminder every 1minute

Options
ShirlsM
ShirlsM Posts: 2 New Member

My package is due for renewal in 121 days, however for the week I have been getting a pop up every 1minute saying I needed to renew my package. I use Mac. This is really annoying as I can barely work. I have tried everything to disable it. Please help.

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ShirlsM

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to our forum community.

A problem with a pop-up informing that a license has expired has appeared on some macOS devices after a recent program update. Our technicians are already working on solving it to prevent this type of message from appearing in the future.

For now, the fastest way to solve this problem is to uninstall the program and reinstall it.

The way to uninstall the program.

Follow these instructions:

1.     Open the folder where you installed the product. By default, the product is in the Applications folder.

2.     Double-click the product's Uninstall icon.

The uninstallation program opens.

3.     Select Uninstall.

You need to enter your administrator password to uninstall the product.

4.     Enter your administrator username and password and select OK.

Note: After entering your credentials, the uninstallation may take some time to complete.

The product is removed from your computer. When you uninstall the product from your computer, remember also to release its license from My F-Secure. Only then can you reuse the released license on another computer.

To install the product on your computer:

1.      Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.

2.      Select Add device.

If all your current licenses are in use, you can select Buy more to purchase additional licenses.

3.      Choose whose device you want to protect, then select Continue.

4.      Select This computer to install the product on your current device.

Tip: If you want to install the product on a different device:

1.      Select the device type and then Continue.

2.      Select how you want to deliver the installation link to the device and select Send.

3.      Follow the instructions received in the installation link message.

5.      Select Download for Mac to get the installation package.

6.      Launch the downloaded installation package.

The F-Secure product setup page opens.

7.      The product automatically detects the pre-selected language used by the computer and sets the product to use the same language. If you want to change the product language, select it from the drop-down list located in the top-left corner of the setup page.

If you later want to change the product language, you need to reinstall the product and select the language during the setup.

8.      Read the End User License Terms and, if you agree to the terms, select Accept and continue. While the installation package installs the product to your device, follow the instructions shown onscreen.

Once the installation is completed, it can take a few minutes before the product receives the latest updates. You can see your protection status on the main page of the product.

9.      The product needs full disk access to be able to detect and block threats in sensitive locations on your Mac.

To allow full disk access:

1.      On your Mac, go to System Settings > Privacy & Security > Privacy.

2.      Select Full Disk Access.

3.      To be able to make changes to the privacy settings, click the lock icon in the lower-left corner of the window and select the F-Secure app from the list.

4.      You need to quit the F-Secure product before the new settings take effect. Select Quit Now.

10.  The product notifies you if your browser extension is not yet in use. To add the browser extension, select Set up on the notification shown on the product main page and follow the instructions shown onscreen.

Note: If you don't see the browser extension notification, the extension is already in use.

Pleas let me know if it was helpful.

Have a nice day.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• meeuwihe
    meeuwihe Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I do not have a solution, i do have the exact same problem. My provider has a license with FSecure, uninstalling does not help, reinstalling neither. Every one minute a reminder pops up. Please FSecure, help (us).

• ShirlsM
    ShirlsM Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

@PawełP thank you so much! This has worked. I now have peace!😊

• JOL56
    JOL56 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Is there a technical solution to this problem yet please, as I can't disable the message either? Thanks.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @JOL56

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

If you've purchased your subscription directly from F-Secure, you can try the uninstallation and reinstallation as recommended earlier.

However, if you obtained the F-Secure app through your Internet Service Provider, we recommend reaching out to them directly for assistance.

Thank you, and have a great day.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info