Entering keys into my F Secure account

Options
bigwrench9
bigwrench9 Posts: 1 New Member

If I add a Key to my empty "my f secure" portal, will it start counting down? or does it wait for me to download and begin actually using it. Thanks

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

If I add a Key to my empty "my f secure" portal, will it start counting down? or does it wait for me to download and begin actually using it. Thanks

I think subscription is start at the moment when you redeem your 'code' or other way of activation your subscription. It is unlikely that subscription's initial run will be only after installing on the very first device. Well, at least, because downloading installer (with built-in license to use) is only possible to an active accounts.

However, since your experience is probably about "updating" from old solution to fresh/current one - maybe - situation is a bit of different. // if it is quite important to sort out quickly - then it is a good idea to contact their Official Support Channel for a clarification request. As an example, you can use a web-chat option even on Weekends: Contact support | F-Secure

Otherwise, good to read an official statement about this point from F-Secure Community people.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info