Future Brave compatibility?

Options
GWarner
GWarner Posts: 2 New Member

I see a reply in January 2023 stating that the F-Secure extension is not compatible with the Brave browser. Can I ask whether this has changed since then, or is likely to change in the near future, on both Windows and Android?

Brave is increasingly popular, especially with privacy- and security-aware users, the key market for F-Secure, surely?

As it is based on the Chromium engine it should not be to difficult to adapt the Chrome version.

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

As such, it can be possible to use F-Secure BP extension in Brave browser.

Which one of discussions is mentioned by you?

For example, there is a Feature Request:

Where a kind of 'official' support is declared for Chromium-extension. As a quote: ""The chromium extension works already in Brave and Opera"".

Vivaldi browser was in a backlog, but even then it is ""Vivaldi support added"".

Note: mostly it is about Windows platform. I am not sure about MacOS situation.

Android platform has its F-Secure SAFE BROWSER as an option. Where no 'extensions' are required. With Android platform, I think it is the only officially and fully supported browser. A bit of additional security will be with any browser while using F-Secure Privacy VPN feature.

Other 'Brave browser' discussions:

Brave browser and F-Secure extension — F-Secure Community

extension for Brave browser — F-Secure Community

However, I think that three browsers are officially supported: Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome.

If any other browser can support their 'extension' (say, to install an extension from Chrome's webstore), then it may work, at least, for a dozen of other popular browsers. Like Brave, Opera, Vivaldi.

Very likely that it is possible to use chromium extension in other less popular browsers, but the support can be limited.

Thanks!

Answers

• GWarner
    GWarner Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Further to my question, the link offered in earlier replies is "not found":

Page Not Found

The page you were looking for could not be found.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info