howto bypass the vpn

Options
yeoldfart
yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

I need this for an internet link to my ISP modem-router the address is xxxxx(modified for safety reasons)

thank you

Edit: PII removed

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 83 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @yeoldfart

Thank you for contacting us on F-Secure Community Portal.

Regarding your issue have you perhabs tried to add your network as trustworthy? If this link happens to be hijacked to the same subnet from the modem, you could try to follow these steps to add your network to trustworthy and try to open the link again.

Follow these steps to set a network as trusted:

1) Open F-Secure ( F-Secure FREEDOME) user interface

2)Turn OFF the VPN protection 

3) Go to Settings

4) Enable Automatic killswitch

5) Click Trusted Wi-Fi networks

6) Select the network used in Trusted Wi-Fi networks dialog

7) Click OK

Please let me know it that was helpful.

Best regards.

Answers

• yeoldfart
    Options

Hello and thank you for this answer, my objection is that my rig is connected to ISP box with a cable, I guess it is not relevant with a non wifi connection.

Please investigate further

Thanks again😊

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @yeoldfart

Thank you for your reply.

As suggested by @CarolinaC , in Windows and Mac, the trusted network setting has an effect even on wired networks when the kill switch is enabled.

You can refer to the link below on how to add the network as trusted and turn on the automatic kill switch.

Thank you, and have a good day.

• yeoldfart
    Options

thank you, I give it a try

• yeoldfart
    Options

No I do not use a Wifi between my rig and th ISP modem😕

, it is cabled

• julienester
    julienester Posts: 5 Explorer
    Options

If you need to access your ISP modem-router's web interface via the address "myrouter.fr" (or a similar local address specific to your router), you can typically follow these steps:

1. Connect to the Network: Make sure your computer or device is connected to the same network as the modem-router you want to access. You must be on the same local network for this to work.
    2. Open a Web Browser: Launch a web browser on your computer or device. This can be Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other browser you prefer.
    3. Enter the Router's Address: In the web browser's address bar, type "myrouter.fr" (or the actual local address for your modem-router) and press Enter.
    4. Login to the Router: You will be directed to the login page for your modem-router. You may need to enter a username and password to access the router's settings. If you haven't changed these credentials, you can usually find the default login information in the modem-router's user manual or by contacting your ISP.
    5. Access Router Settings: Once logged in, you should have access to the modem-router's settings and configuration interface. From here, you can configure various aspects of your network, including security, wireless settings, and more.

Please note that the specific address and login credentials can vary depending on your ISP and the make/model of your modem-router. If "myrouter.fr" doesn't work, you might need to use a different local address, such as 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Again, you can find this information in your modem-router's documentation or by contacting your ISP.

It's essential to exercise caution when making changes to your router's settings, as improper configurations can affect your internet connection. If you're unsure about any changes, consider reaching out to your ISP's customer support for assistance.