F-Secure Chrome Browser Extension is Blocking Google Maps Ads

Options
JackM
JackM Posts: 2 Observer
edited March 1 in F-Secure Total

I look on Google Maps, check out hotels or whatever. I get a detail panel with info on a specific hotel and ads for others. I try to click and ad and it is blocked by my F-Secure browsing protection extension. Error page says:

ad.doubleclick.net is blocked

This page has been blocked by an extension

Try disabling your extensions.

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

This is new behavior and seems like a false positive to me. Anyone else having this problem>

Accepted Answers

• s41y4j1n
    s41y4j1n Posts: 17 Enthusiast
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am also experiencing the same issue, but with Google sponsored search results being blocked by the F-Secure extension. When I disable the extension, the sponsored results can be opened, but the browsing protection is also disabled.

The best workaround I have found so far is to disable the ad blocker in the F-Secure app settings. This will allow the sponsored results to be displayed while still keeping the browsing protection enabled.

I hope the F-Secure team will be able to fix this issue soon. In the meantime, I will continue to use this workaround.

🤠

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,685 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @JackM @Steve_C

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post and comment.

Our R&D team has released a new version of the extension. The issue should be fixed.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to let us know. Have a wonderful day.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.