Cannot activate F-Secure FREEDOME

Options
DeathLink
DeathLink Posts: 1 New Member
edited March 1 in F-Secure VPN

Dear Sir or Madam,

we have purchased numerous licenses for F-Secure FREEDOME on stock in 2021. These licenses have not been redeemed so far.

Unfortunately, we have to note that not a single one of the purchased licenses can now be used. Our reseller states that the term of the license only starts on the date of activation.

After entering the license numbers in our customer account, the progress bar of the search starts to rotate endlessly. However, we do not receive an error message. The activation process stops after some time with a timeout of the search.

We ask for review and solution.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @DeathLink

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

After reviewing your account on our end, I see that you have a subscription for F-Secure Total covering 5 devices. We're more than delighted to help you with this concern.

To assist you further, I've sent you a private message. Could you please provide me with the subscription code and any other relevant details? This will allow us to investigate and resolve the issue for you.

Hello @Claivinz 

I'd like to provide some clarification on why it's necessary to delete your account and recreate your My F-Secure account. This situation arises when you purchase a new subscription separately instead of renewing your existing account.

For a more detailed explanation, you can find additional information in this link: I have accidentally purchased a new F-Secure subscription outside my account instead of renewing my existing My F-Secure account. What should I do? - F-Secure Community

If you opt to renew your subscription from within your existing account, the process will automatically update your subscription in both your account and the associated apps.

Thank you so much for your cooperation, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Answers

• Claivinz
    Claivinz Posts: 4 Observer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello to activate your subscription do this !

If you had created an F-Secure account for a trial version and you had purchased a subscription via the quick Paypal link without giving your first name and email your license will not be activated, you must delete your account via the settings of your account and recreates a new account via the email received from F-Secure using the same email address.

Well done, you have your valid license in your F-Secure software and in your F-Secure interface via the website!

If you are the type to fear anything you can contact support by telephone !

• Claivinz
    Claivinz Posts: 4 Observer
    Options

Hello :) it is best to contact support by phone via the link provided on the site or try to contact an advisor via live chat when one is available! Sorry I don't have permission to post the link on the forum because I'm a new user! Courage to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info