Notification for blocked websites

Options
SnejPro
SnejPro Posts: 1 New Member

Hi,

a few days ago I had massive technical problems with the web GUI of an internal server.

Today I discovered by chance that F-Secure has blocked this page and caused my problems.

F-Secure should definitely send a pop-up notification when it blocks a site, or a script, so that people even think that F-Secure is the problem.

Many greetings

Jens

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my reply to this discussion.

F-Secure should definitely send a pop-up notification when it blocks a site, or a script, so that people even think that F-Secure is the problem.

But what was the reason to block a site or a script there? Has it been rated as harmful or suspicious? And are you using browser extension (F-Secure Browsing Protection)?

Or your setup (F-Secure) is used with Family Rules enabled (parental control) where Content Blocker (functionality) can be used? That is, to block a particular resource because of belonging to one of the selected categories (for example, shopping).

If the first situation, then most often information about the blocking should or can be visible in one way or another (if not on the website in the form of a "frame" or block page, then in Recent Events as an event). I think that if this was not the case, then it would be better to contact their technical support. Because there are probably ways to improve the design (Contact support | F-Secure).

Alternatively, you may have encountered the impact of Adblocker (feature is described there: Blocking advertisements on websites | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides).

// and was it desktop (Windows, macOS) or mobile (Android, iOS)?

the web GUI of an internal server.

I don't know for sure, but perhaps there are some simplifications for "internal" resources. In the context of blocking\analysis. So perhaps your situation was rather exceptional.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info