I´m new

Options
iVEGA
iVEGA Posts: 4 Observer

Hi, friends:

I just bought F-Secure on Amazon because they made me a very good offer. But I still have 14 days left on my current antivirus subscription. Can I wait for my current antivirus license to expire and when it does, install F-secure and the license starts counting from when I register it?.

Accepted Answer

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Assuming the product you purchased from Amazon came as a download link and an activation code, the licence won't start 'running' until you install the new product and activate the licence.

So, just let your old AV run to it's end, make sure you uninstall it properly, preferably using the AV vendor's uninstall tool, then you can install and activate F-Secure as new.

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hallo @iVEGA

We warmly welcome you to our F-Secure community 🖐️

To answer your question, it depends a lot on what license you currently have and what license you purchased on Amazon.

If you had, for example, a license for F-Secure Total for 3 devices and now you also bought a license for Total for 3 devices then you can confidently activate that license in your account. The remaining 14 days will be added to your renewed license.

However, if you have previously had a license for an older version of F-Secure Internet Security and you have purchased a license for a new version of this program then it will be better to wait these 14 days and then activate the purchased license for the new Internet Security.

Let me know what license you have and what license you purchased on Amazon, then I can give you even more detailed explanations.

Have a nice day!

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• iVEGA
    Options

The antivirus that I have now installed is from another brand. Yesterday I bought a 2-year, 5-device license for F-Secure Internet Security on Amazon. What I want to do is wait for my current antivirus to expire and then install F-Secure and for the period to count when I install and activate it and not when I bought it. After buying it, I found out that F-Secure Total was only €4 more.

• iVEGA
    Options

What annoys me is the 4 euros difference with Total, couldn't I pay F-Secure those 4 euros and upgrade to Total?

• iVEGA
    Options

What annoys me is the 4 euros difference with Total, couldn't I pay F-Secure those 4 euros and upgrade to Total?

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Regarding the activation of your license Simon is absolutely right.

Regarding the extra charge and converting your license from Internet Security to Total, I will contact you in a private message. 

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info