VPN - iPhone 14 - Sonos

Mikko_2023
Mikko_2023 Posts: 2 Observer
edited February 6 in Device Protection

I just updated my iPhone X to iPhone 14. I have used F-Secure's products more than two years and VPN has worked just fine with Sonons. After I got my new phone VPN blocks the connection to the Sonos. Their solution for the problem is to enable VPN. Is that so? Is there anything else to do? I would like to have my VPN on all the time.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,862 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Mikko_2023

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

Could you kindly provide us with a bit more information? Specifically, which version of iOS are you currently using? Additionally, what's the version of the F-Secure products you have?

Regarding Sonos, I understand it's a company brand, however, it would be great to know which specific Sonos product you're referring to. This way, we can better understand the situation and offer more accurate assistance regarding its compatibility with our services.

By the way, I noticed you're subscribed to F-Secure Total, which includes Privacy VPN. Based on your previous post, it seems you might be encountering issues connecting to your wireless Sonos devices while the VPN is active. If that's the case, a potential solution could be adding your local WiFi network as trusted.

You can easily do this by following the instructions in this link: Marking a local WiFi network as trusted | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Please feel free to let us know if you need further help or have more details to share. We're here to make things smoother for you.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day ahead.

Firmy
    Community Manager | F-Secure Community
    🔐 Strengthening digital security through knowledge and collaboration
    🌐 Explore our User Guides | Knowledge Base for self-help resources
    💻 Empower yourself with Cybersecurity Insights and protect what matters

Answers

• Mikko_2023
    Mikko_2023 Posts: 2 Observer

Hi @Firmy

Thank you for your answer. My problem has been solved. I don't understand how I missed the "Trusted network" link/text/tab in my app earlier. But that was it.

Thank you for helping me out. ☺️

This discussion has been closed.