Slow UI when disconnected from Internet

Options
Muhvi
Muhvi Posts: 2 New Member
edited February 6 in F-Secure ID Protection

When using ID protection Windows 11 desktop client has very slow login if internet connection isn't available.

Is there some setting that could be tweaked so it isn't?

Steps to reproduce:

1. No internet connection
  2. Start app
  3. Provide password

It's like 5-10 second wait time before you get access to app so you can use it.

If internet connection is available, the login is instant without any meaningful wait time.

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,710 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @Muhvi

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

Could you share with us the version of the F-Secure ID Protection you are using on Windows 11?

It would be great to gather more details. Does the problem persist only after logging in, or is it occurring at other times as well? Have you experienced this issue on other devices, or is it specific to the Windows client?

Please share more information, and I'll do my best to assist you further. If you have any other questions or need additional support, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you, and I wish you a fantastic day.

• Muhvi
    Muhvi Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Hi,

About page lower right corner says 5.4.2977.0/KEY and about page title says version 5.3.

The problem is mainly when logging, there might be smallish lag inside the app as well, but it isn't so much that it bothers too much. The login process is the tedious one.

This doesn't affect the phone client at all (iPhone), phone client simply states that it's not connected but works perfectly fine without any lag or waiting times in login.

Why this comes up is that sometimes i need to reboot my router to regain internet connection -> i need password to login to router -> F-secure ID is slow in login every time when this happens.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @Muhvi

Thank you for your reply.

I am consulting this matter with our back end team at the moment. Once I have received their feedback, I will keep you updated.

Thank you and have a nice day.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @Muhvi

To assist you further with this issue, we'd like to gather more information. Could you please generate an FSDIAG file from your end? Once you have it, please send it to me via private message. You may refer to this link on how to do it: Using the support tool | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

I've already sent you a message where you can attach the file and send it back to me.

Thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info