F-Secure Total beta - FSProtection changes in communication

Options
Juha_Valimaki
Juha_Valimaki Posts: 43 F-Secure Product Manager

We are now making changes on the beta community and feedback handling for your benefit. We do not have any more beta.f-secure.com portal after first of August.

Feedback wont be requested separately until in form of new survey. Please file bugs by sending email to beta@f-secure.com or posting a comment here at our community. We are also happy to have any comments and improvement ideas any time!

This F-Secure community will remain as today as another channel for collaborating, not only F-Secure personnel, but other beta community users also. It is also used for all the product support.

On behalf of F-Secure Technology teams,

Juha Välimäki

Director, Engineering Excellence 

Technology, F-Secure Corporation

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my comment.

I have some 'drafted' (so to speak) reports / points to report - which way I should to use before August? Still beta.f-secure.com? Or email-channel already now?

Thanks!

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser
    Options

Hello I'm just trying to step back into FS total to find out I am lost in the middle of nowhere:

1) where do I dowload the beta ?

2) will my serial still be valid from <<<fs protection portal ?

thank you

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @yeoldfart

1) where do I dowload the beta ?

You may download the beta program from the existing portal https://www.f-secure.com/en/fs-protection, that will still work as per usual.

2) will my serial still be valid from <<<fs protection portal ?

Yes, your FS Protection will still valid. You may login into the portal and check your expiry date.

Thank you and have a good day.

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser
    Options

hello

what about vpn ?

• Juha_Valimaki
    Juha_Valimaki Posts: 43 F-Secure Product Manager
    edited August 2023
    Options

Sorry for the very late reply. I saw your feedback (SAFE_BUG-04013) on beta.f-secure.com. That is under analysis.

Everything else (VPN included) - Please send to beta@f-secure.com.

• Ukko
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the very late reply. I saw your feedback (SAFE_BUG-04013) on beta.f-secure.com. That is under analysis. Everything else (VPN included) - Please send to email-address

Thanks for your response and attention!

Also thanks for the clarification on further feedback..

And, yes, I decided to create one (mentioned feedback) as I saw that they were still 'alright' for Mac solution via beta portal (discussion in one of the other Community topics; right near August). That day there was a fresh 'trouble' - so, I decided to put it there. It's good to know that this one reached its destination.

I will double-check/re-review 'drafts' and then use other channel for them.

Thanks!

• MaHeHRO
    MaHeHRO Posts: 20 Enthusiast
    Options

Hello, how does the extension actually work? I still have 31 days available. Does this happen automatically or do you have to "reapply"?

• Ivan_Osipov
    Ivan_Osipov Posts: 77 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Alright!

So probably the https://download.sp.f-secure.com/SE/FS-Protection/renew/ page could be updated accordingly as well? :)

• Ukko
    Options

Hello,

Alright! So probably the https://download.sp.f-secure.com/SE/FS-Protection/renew/ page could be updated accordingly as well? :)

To send an email (as a bug-report) instead of creating a bug report? :)

Or subscriptions are no longer controlled by the F-Secure Beta Team? :(

or.. is the portal living out its last hours? I was hoping that the changes would end with the loss of the Centercode-based platform.

or it is just about "We will extend your subscription period before it expires"-part?

Thanks!

• Ukko
    Options

Hello,

sorry for spamming.

One more thing to ask:

• what is suitable and the right way to report about Android troubles?
    • is it built-in sending logs functionality (via email also) OR to described there email address?
    • I tried both, but there still (actually) a couple of bugs(?) which makes using SAFE Browser as a kind of impossible thing. No responses about any of them - so, I even not sure if it is reached someone.

Thanks!

• Excelchange
    Excelchange Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I just sent a Google Gmail to your official test email. When will my application be approved?

• siramic
    siramic Posts: 100 Path Finder
    edited February 29
    Options

Hello :)

I hope I posted this in the right place, as this is where the 19.4 Beta Feedback link from the UI/ Question mark sent me :)

I'm just thinking maybe a bit of an image change-up on the main UI in the future? I understand this is the first release, but I'm thinking of a more "mature" look. With 19.3 we had two people with a tablet and a phone, now it's a child with a tablet. Or, is the idea to try to convey that F-Secure is looking out for the youth and their online protection?

From the beta announcement thread"

"main user interface look has changed. This is still heavily under work and work will continue over multiple beta releases. All existing functionality remains the same. We encourage you to give feedback about this user interface through beta feedback. Note that in this beta, there will be Latin text "Lorem ipsum..." on the top of the UI under the header "You are protected": this is a placeholder for a proper text that will be set up later".

So I understand we have a ways to go, no problem :)

The installation went very well. The folder did install in the Program Files (my Windows 11 64-bit notebook), as was also mentioned in the 19.4 beta thread. Password Vault went smoothly in importing from my 19.3 Vault.

I haven't run any scans yet (was just installed) but the memory is running pretty low as far as the WithSecure hosting service, yet I'm sure that will fluctuate as with 19.3?

Cheers :)