JokerSpy samples submitted a week ago but not processed

Options
anthonyqian
anthonyqian Posts: 6 Explorer
edited January 3 in F-Secure Total

Hi,

I often send malware samples that F-Secure does not detect via the SAS page. About a week ago, I sent some JokerSpy samples (https://www.bitdefender.com/blog/labs/fragments-of-cross-platform-backdoor-hint-at-larger-mac-os-attack/) that F-Secure missed, with the submission number xxxxxxxx. These samples remain undetected.

At the same time, I also sent a ransomware script sample with the submission number xxxxxxx, but it has not been processed either.

I want to know what is happening with my submission and how soon these malicious samples will be detected.

Thank you.

Edit: PII removed

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @anthonyqian

Thank you for your post.

Our dedicated Malware Analyst is currently investigating the matter, carefully examining the items you mentioned. They will promptly send you an email with their findings and feedback.

Thank you for your patience, and have a wonderful day.

Answers

• anthonyqian
    anthonyqian Posts: 6 Explorer
    Options

Hi Firmly,

Thank you for your response. I have been waiting for another three days, but unfortunately, there haven't been any updates from the analyst yet.

Could you please let me know how much longer I should expect to wait and if everything is going smoothly? It seems unusual that the analysis has taken half a month.

Thanks.

Anthony

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @anthonyqian

We regret for the delay.

Our Malware Analyst is currently reviewing the submission, and I wanted to keep you informed. He will personally send you an email with the outcome of his findings, and you can expect to receive it within this week.

If for any reason you don't receive a response from him, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your patience, and have a wonderful day.

This discussion has been closed.