[MacOS 12.6.6] Total v19.2 (51879) Bug with Security Cloud

mrF
mrF Posts: 15 Enthusiast
edited January 3 in F-Secure Total

Hi,

My F-secure Total installation on my Mac M1 got updated from v 19.0 to v19.2 a couple of days back and it seemingly broke the browsing/banking protection or so I thought...

No more search results ratings, no banking site notifications and the test domains were not caught (https://unsafe.fstestdomain.com/ for example). I did the usual basic troubleshooting stuff: toggling on/off the browser extensions (safari + firefox), restarting the browser, reinstalling the extension, rebooting, etc etc... I even did the full uninstall+reinstall of F-secure Total thinking it was a butchered update.

It turns out that a simple setting seems to prevent the whole protection from working. In the "Privacy" tab of the settings there's a checkbox "Allow deeper analysis". If that is unchecked then the protection doesn't work. If it is checked then the protection works again and I get notification, ratings and the test domains working.

You might want to check if you reproduce the same behavior on your end.

Apart from this, I acknowledge that the MacOS firewall issue is finally fixed and the VPN connection seems to be functional. Happy to see that happening.

Thanks!

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,824 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @mrF

Thank you for your reply.

Following our discussion with the R&D team, we recommend selecting the option "Allow deeper analysis" to ensure that the browsing protection feature functions properly. Disabling the deeper analysis option will also disable URL lookups, however, the file protection will continue to work in a limited capacity.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to assist you.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,824 Community Manager

Hello @mrF

Thank you for your post.

I noticed that you have installed F-Secure Total on three Macs. Are you experiencing the issue on all of them?

I am currently investigating this issue with our team. Once I receive their feedback, I will get back to you promptly.

Thank you for your patience, and have a wonderful day.

• mrF
    mrF Posts: 15 Enthusiast

Hello,

I have only 1 Mac with version 19.2. The 2 others have older MacOS versions that are no longer supported by F-Secure since quite some time already. It means that I only experienced the issue in a unique machine.

This discussion has been closed.