F-Secure plugin for Firefox does not open Google sponsored pages (www.googleadservices.com)

Options
Kilawo
Kilawo Posts: 3 Observer

F-Secure plugin for Firefox does not open Google sponsored pages (www.googleadservices.com).

If I disable the F-Secure plugin for Firefox, the windows open normally.

The F-Secure add-ons for Chrome and Edge work fine.😒

Accepted Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @hlrutten @Kilawo

Thank you for your comment.

The reason the page is blocked on Mozilla Firefox, however, not on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge is because the Firefox extension functions slightly differently compared to Chrome or Edge.

However, I want to assure you that we have released a new version, which will ensure that the extension works consistently across all browsers.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

• Firmy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ArtBom

We have released a new version of the Firefox extension, which is now updated to 5.1.48. Could you please check if you are still experiencing the same issue or if it has been resolved with this update?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we're here to assist you further.

Answers

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @Kilawo

Thank you for your post.

www.googleadservices.com is currently categorized as ads and is being blocked. If you'd like more information on this, I recommend visiting the following link: https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/total-windows/latest/en/task_C0AC71E5353944659C58652D03F3E9FC-latest-en

If you're experiencing any difficulties with the website not loading correctly, I suggest temporarily turning off the ad blocker.

Please feel free to reach out if you need any additional help or have any other questions.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful day.

• hlrutten
    hlrutten Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

Dear Firmy,

The same problem over here since a couple of days.

How come, like Kilawo already said, that the Browsing Protection extension for Firefox blocks www.googleadservices.com, while the Chrome and Edge extensions do not?

Hope there will be an "elegant" solution.

• Kilawo
    Kilawo Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

Obviously, the F-Secure extensions for Chrome and Edge are well programmed...😏

• hlrutten
    hlrutten Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

Dear @Firmy and @Kilawo,

In my previous contribution I forgot the @-sign, so here is my corrected message:

The same problem over here since a couple of days.

How come, like Kilawo already said, that the Browsing Protection extension for Firefox blocks www.googleadservices.com, while the Chrome and Edge extensions do not?

Hope there will be an "elegant" solution.

• Cylon
    Cylon Posts: 4 Explorer
    Options

Hello!

I have the same behaviour, but in both Edge and Chrome. At least the behaviour is consistent now. I disabled the plugins for now.

• Ezvanzu
    Ezvanzu Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I also have it with both Edge and Chrome since 2-3 days

• Getnoe
    Getnoe Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

Getnoe

• Firmy
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @Cylon @Ezvanzu @Getnoe

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comments.

Our R&D team has released a new version of the extension. The issue should be fixed for Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to let us know. Have a wonderful day.

• ArtBom
    ArtBom Posts: 4 Observer
    Options

As of 25 Sep 2023 this issue still has not been fixed for me.

I am running Firefox v117.0.1 on Windows 10 64 bit. I just re-installed the current F-Secure Browser extension v 5.1.27 and Sponsored Google links are still blocked (unless I disable the extension).

Please advise

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @ArtBom

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

And thanks for letting us know about the issue with the F-Secure extension for Mozilla Firefox. We're aware of it and our team is working hard to fix it. The new version of the extension is currently in testing and we'll release it as soon as it's ready.

In the meantime, you can use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge instead of Firefox.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

• ArtBom
    Options

Dear @Firmy

I was hoping you could give me an update on the status of the F-Secure Browser extension for Mozilla Firefox (Google sponsored links being blocked).

It is now two weeks since I last contacted you and it seems that the issue has not yet been resolved - there has been no update to the extension. Two weeks ago you posted that a new version to resolve the Firefox issue was in testing and would be released when it is ready.

Your workaround suggestion of using Chrome or Edge instead does not appeal to me because I prefer to use Firefox.

Could you update me please on the timeframe for the next browser extension release?

Kind regards

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @ArtBom

Thank you for your comment.

A new version of the F-Secure Browsing Protection extension has just been released, and it's version 5.1.27. This update is designed to resolve the issue you've been experiencing. Please make sure you have received this latest version, as it should address the problem.

If you need any more assistance or have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help.

• ArtBom
    Options

Dear @Firmy

As I mentioned in my original post on 25 September, I am already using the F-secure browser extension 5.127 and Google sponsored links are still being blocked on Firefox.

In your post of 26 September you acknowledged that you were aware of this problem with Firefox but that you had another version in testing.

It is that update (for Firefox) which I am enquiring about.

Do you have any further information please?

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @ArtBom

I apologize for the incorrect information in my previous comment.

The new version of the extension will be 5.1.42. I'll be sure to inform you once it's released.

Thank you.

• ArtBom
    Options

Thank you for the update @Firmy, it's good to know that you're still working on this problem. Good luck with the fix guys

• Ralf_75
    Ralf_75 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options
    Adsense ads are still blocked for me
    If the extension is deactivated, everything will be loaded.
    Version

• Pinkeltje
    Pinkeltje Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Still blocks i.e: pagead2.googlesyndication.com and static.tradetracker.net. This is very annoying as third parties are placing my adds through those platforms and I can only check them if I disable FSecure browser addon. Furthermore, they will be blocked for all viewers that have the add on enabled!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,627 Superuser
    Options

Still blocks i.e: pagead2.googlesyndication.com and static.tradetracker.net. This is very annoying as third parties are placing my adds through those platforms and I can only check them if I disable FSecure browser addon. Furthermore, they will be blocked for all viewers that have the add on enabled!

Hello,

Could you explain a bit more? To disable Ad blocker feature is not enough in your case (as described there: Blocking advertisements on websites | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides) / or alternatively, in near future, to allow showing advertisements on a particular website via F-Secure Browsing Protection addon (clicking its logo and then allowing blocked advertisements on this website)?

I mean, if mentioned domains (subdomains) are blocked only with an active / enabled Ad blocker feature in Settings - then - it is a bit of expected situation. User can disable it - if he want see blocked items and ultimately do not use Ad blocker feature.

However, if Ad blocker feature is disabled in Settings; But mentioned resources are blocked still with F-Secure BP extension in browser (only) - then it is maybe a trouble.

// I feel that mentioned platforms are blocked for me by browser (Microsoft Edge with built-in advanced security options). So, maybe all viewers with a certain set-up in browser (even without F-Secure solution) cannot see advertisements from these sources.

Thanks!

Pricing & Product Info