Fresh installation on Windows - requesting MAster password but doesn't accept it

Pitchoun1
Pitchoun1 Posts: 5 Explorer
edited November 2023 in F-Secure ID Protection

Good morning,

I'm using ID protection on several android devices and it works perfect.

I tried to install it on my Windows 11 PC. I downloaded the file from my F-secure account web page.

After installation, ID Protection is starting running and is asking me to enter the master password.

I tried to enter the same master password as on my other devices but it says me that the password is invalid!

Very strange is that there was no configuration after installation (like it was for my other android devices)

How ID protection should know my Master password without configuration or synchronization with other devices?

Can you help me?

Thank you

ERic

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

How ID protection should know my Master password without configuration or synchronization with other devices?

It could be about any other installation on your Windows machine.

For example, if you tried to use F-Secure KEY or F-Secure ID Protection on that device before. Your User Data, for example, still can be 'there'.

If this is the case - can you try to use any 'old' master passwords or to remember if there was any attempt to use KEY/IDP before in this system?

If your current installation is not linked to your Android devices (account or whatever) - you can try to uninstall any 'stuck'-items from Windows system and to install F-Secure IDP again.

Described there: How can I remove F-Secure ID PROTECTION completely from a PC? | ID Protection | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

If after uninstallation and 'reinstallation' - there is still Master Password request - need to know a bit more details about your set-up.

Thanks!

Answers

• Pitchoun1
    Pitchoun1 Posts: 5 Explorer

Hello Ukko,

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded and used the uninstallation tool and it works.

I could re-install a fresh version and could synchronize with my other devices.

I was not aware of a previous installation 🤔

Thank you so much for your help

Have a good day

Eric

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info