Make opting out of web traffic scanning in the settings actually work

Options
____
____ Posts: 6 Explorer

F-Secure Internet Security and F-Secure Total (I tried both) still monitor Internet traffic even with web traffic scanning, browsing protection, and banking protection turned off and I never installed F-Secure's browser extension. Even with all of that turned off the "websites checked" counter on the "Secure Browsing & Banking" page still goes up. The only way I've found to disable Internet traffic monitoring is to completely turn off all protection, which defeats the whole point of getting F-Secure Internet Security. I'd love to use F-Secure but this is kind of a deal-breaker for me. I think it's misleading that you have an opt-out for web traffic scanning in the settings that doesn't work since the "websites checked" counter still goes up. At the very least that should be revised to either work as is claimed or not say that it can disable web traffic scanning.

I posted about this earlier in the F-Secure Internet Security sub-forum asking the community for a workaround to disable Internet traffic monitoring. This post is aimed at F-Secure's developer as an improvement suggestion to make the software work as is advertised, so I don't think it counts as a repost. It's not meant to be a repost, at least.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments